Delicious chicken salad, wrapped in lettuce for a healthy, low calorie lunch!
The macros for each wrap are 147 calories, 18 grams of protein, 9 grams carbs, and 5 grams fat.
Why you should try these chicken salad lettuce wraps
I am a big fan of chicken salad. It is a filling, low calorie food that is super simple to throw together. I used to eat my salad on a buttery, flaky croissant. While I still love croissants and eat them occasionally, I like this recipe is a lighter alternative!
Using lettuce helps you to really cut down on the calories and carbs. Plus, different kinds of lettuce carry different nutrients that can be great for your overall health. If you’re looking for an enjoyable meal that is healthy and tasty, give this recipe a try!
Light and Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 35 grams grapes
- 3 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 ounces shredded chicken breast
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- Cook chicken breasts in an instant pot or pressure cooker on the poultry setting. About 25 minutes.
- Shred cooked chicken.
- Cool chicken in the fridge.
- After chicken is cooled, combine chicken with mayo, sliced grapes and chopped celery (and salt to taste)
- Chill until ready to serve on a large lettuce leaf.
The mayo I used to get the calorie count…
I like this light version, because it is a super simple substitute that cuts out calories!