This tortilla is made with no expensive flours, and no hard to find ingredients. You can make this gluten free tortilla recipe with 2 healthy ingredients: oats and egg whites!
I love tortillas! In fact, I’ve written an article about my favorite low calorie store bought tortillas here.
But this tortilla or wrap takes my healthy food options to a whole new level!
If you’ve been following for awhile, you’d know I eat a lot of oats and egg whites. Almost every morning to be honest for the past 8 months!
I love egg whites and oats because they both digest well for me. I also love that I can make a variety of meals with just those two things.
- I’ve made pancakes with oats, egg whites, and cottage cheese.
- I’ve made scrambled eggs and cooked oatmeal.
- I’ve made low calorie waffles.
- I’ve made fluffy egg white oatmeal.
- And now, I’ve started making these gluten free tortillas!
Why I use egg whites:
While I’m trying to build muscle (I decided to do another NPC Show in the spring!), I aim for 100 grams of protein per day. 1 cup of egg whites alone has 20 grams of protein and zero carbs for just 100 calories. This is a great way to start the day for me.
How to make this gluten free tortilla
You can actually make this recipe with any variety of amounts. You can add more oats, less oats, more egg, less egg. You could even add a whole egg, plus egg whites.
However, when I made it, I used 1/4 cup oats and a full cup of egg whites.
- Simply blend the oats and egg whites together in a blender.
- Pour onto a hot, non stick skillet, like you would a pancake.
- Cook on both sides, until no longer wet.
This recipe made 3 wraps for me. Each wrap would only be 60 calories, with 7 grams of protein, 5 g of carbs, and 1 g of fat.
What to eat with this 2 ingredient wrap!
Oh my goodness! I can’t get enough of this. I loved adding cheese and avocado to this tortilla wrap. But, I’ve also made the same recipe and filled it with fruit!
You can fill this tortilla with
- light chicken salad
- strawberries and cream
- deli meat and cheese
- Veggies or salad wrap, like this one from Hungry Girl!
And more! If you give this gluten free recipe a try, I’d love to hear what you put inside!
So, give it a try and don’t forget to save this tortilla recipe on pinterest!