I love this new twist on the classic chicken lettuce wraps! Most chicken lettuce wraps I’ve found are of the Asian flavor. This one is new and different with ground chicken, turkey bacon, mushrooms, avocado, and ranch!
While I do love stuffing chicken salad inside a lettuce wrap, sometimes you just need something different. I had been thinking about a chicken bacon ranch sandwich, and thought of the lettuce instead of bread to put it together. That’s when I decided I wanted to use ground chicken and fully dive into the idea of a wrap!
This wrap is simple, and actually turned me onto the turkey bacon! I cooked 4 pieces of the turkey bacon in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Whie that was cooking, I cooked up the ground chicken and mushrooms in a skillet. Honestly, that’s pretty much it. It’s hard to get much simpler than that.
Also, because my ground chicken started our fresh, not frozen, the whole process only took 10 minutes! Now, THAT’S how I love to make dinner- 10 MINUTES!
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- 1.3 lbs fresh ground chicken
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons Bolthouse ranch dressing
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash onion powder
- Cook ground chicken over a skillet on medium high heat. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add sliced mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Cook 4 slices of turkey bacon in microwave, on a microwave safe plate and paper towels. Cook on high for 2.5 minutes.
- Crumble turkey bacon and add it to the chicken and mushrooms. Season with salt, garlic salt, and onion powder to desired flavor.
- Top with cheese and melt.
- Scoop 1/2 cup portions into a lettuce leaf.
- Slice avocado and top lettuce wraps with a slice or two.
- Top with low calorie ranch yogurt dressing, like Bolthouse ranch Dressing.
For more simple, healthy, low calorie recipes, follow me on Pinterest