Make a delicious and easy brunch for those vegan friends of yours! These vegan waffles will have everyone asking for more.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for one waffle is 238 calories, 31 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Protein, and 11 g Fat.
Full disclosure! I am not a vegan. However, I have several vegan and vegetarian friends. In fact, our most recent river trip there were 3 out of 13 people who were vegan.
And, because I like to make food for my friends, it became necessary to have a vegan waffle for those breakfast and brunch Sunday socials.
And this vegan waffle was the one! It’s easy and delicious! Your friends and family will ALL enjoy it, even the ones who aren’t following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
What is a Vegan Diet?
From the Vegan Society, they say a vegan diet:
is a plant-based diet avoiding all animal foods such as meat (including fish, shellfish and insects), dairy, eggs and honey – as well as avoiding animal-derived materials, products tested on animals and places that use animals for entertainment.Vegan Society
So, typically with waffles, you’d have some ingredients that wouldn’t be vegan, such as milk, butter, and eggs.
With this recipe however, you don’t need those! We substituted milk for almond milk. The coconut oil replaces the butter and helps bind the ingredients together, and the apple cider vinegar helps with leavening.
What we get is a vegan waffle, that tastes just like a waffle that has milk, butter and eggs!
Anyway, hope you give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Easy and Delicious Vegan Waffles
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium size bowl add the milk, apple cidervinegar and vanilla extract. And whisk until well combined.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and coconut oil. Then whisk again, until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Heat up the waffle maker and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add about ½ cup of batter to the waffle maker (per waffle) and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes on high.
- Serve with your favorite fruits and/or syrup.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!