Using baked potatoes, cottage cheese, turkey bacon, and fat free cheddar, these twice baked cottage cheese potatoes have extra protein and taste great!Jump to Recipe
Each twice baked potato has 77 calories, 8 grams of protein, 11 grams carbs, and 0.3 grams fat.
A few nights ago, my son made some twice baked potatoes with leftover potatoes we had in the fridge.
They were DELICIOUS- but of course, they were so high in fat and calories. He PILED the cheese on!
That’s when I had the idea that adding cottage cheese and fat free cheddar would still be delicious, but so much lower in calories!
How to make twice baked potatoes
Twice baked potatoes are
- leftover baked potatoes
- Cut in half
- With the flesh scooped out of the skin.
- Mixed and mashed with other ingredients,
- Spooned back into the skin
- and then cooked a second time!
How to make cottage cheese baked potato recipe
So, with the basic concept of twice baked potatoes in mind, for this recipe I
- Used 3 leftover baked potatoes, sliced lengthwise.
- Then, I put the potato flesh in a bowl and mixed in 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese and salt.
- Then, I scooped the potato back into the potato skins and added fat free cheddar, crumbled turkey bacon, and green onions to the top.
- Then, I baked the potatoes a second time!
I love adding the cottage cheese to increase the protein in each potato, and decrease the total calories.
Make it a balanced, portion controlled meal
If you’re going to make twice baked potatoes, adding a piece of steak and some fruit makes a perfect balanced meal.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Twice Baked Cheesy Protein Potatoes
- 3 small potatoes, previously baked
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Or as much as you like!
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 1 slice turkey bacon cooked
- 1 ounce fat free cheddar cheese
- Using 3 leftover 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐞𝐬, slice them in half and scoop out the flesh. (150 grams total)
- Add 1 cup of 𝐟𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞 and the potato flesh to a bowl.
- Whip up the cottage cheese and potato to combined it together and add 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐭.
- Scoop the cheesy potatoes back into each potato skin.
- Top the potatoes with 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐟𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐫, and 1 slice of crumbled 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧.
- Bake in 400 degrees for 15 minutes to heat it all through.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!