When you are looking for a vegetable side dish for dinner, try these sweet potato noodles! Made with a spiralizer and roasted, these sweet potato noodles are topped with feta cheese and salt for a simple yet delicious side!
When it comes to healthy eating, I’m a big supporter of healthy, whole food carb sources, like sweet potatoes! Unless you’re on Keto, carbohydrates can be a terrific source of energy.
Recently, I’ve been having a lot of low carb days. My reason is not because I fear carbs. My reason for low carb is because with a limited number of calories per day, 1200 calories, and a target for my protein (over 100), there isn’t a lot of calories left to split between carbs and proteins! (I have a printable version of my current low carb meal plan here)
But, I’m a big fan of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and bananas for my main carb sources. This is because they are packed full of fiber, vitamins, and fairly low in calories.
So, I’ve been finding a variety of ways to cook sweet potatoes. So far, I’ve shared
With more coming, I promise!
Making Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
Many people have written explicit details about how to spiralize. Here’s a very short YouTube video if you need a visual on the method of spiralizing.
It looks like from this video, that we might have the same spiralizer. I use the OXO brand spiralizer found on Amazon here.
After you spiralize, there are a few different ways to cook the sweet potato noodles. My favorite method though is roasting them. Not only is it quick, but the sweet potato noodles don’t get too mushy.
So, I spray the noodles with some cooking spray and salt. Then, I bake them at 425 for about 10-15 minutes. Just enough time to get soft, and cooked through. This is considerably faster than roasting chunks of sweet potatoes, which I love!
Roasted Sweet Potato Noodles with feta
- 1 medium sweet potato 100 grams
- 1 ounce feta cheese reduced fat
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cooking spray
- Peel sweet potato and cut the ends off to make a flat edge for spiralizing.
- Using a medium spiralizer blade, spiralize the sweet potato.
- Arrange sweet potato noodles on a baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt, and add the feta cheese to the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potato is softened.
How to include sweet potato noodles in a balanced meal
To include all the food groups with some foods that go well with sweet potatoes, I included:
- Protein: 4 ounces chicken breast with BBQ sauce.
- Grains: 1/2 a bagel
- Fruit: 1 cup of blueberries.
- Veggies: The sweet potato noodles with feta cheese and salt!
Follow on Pinterest for more healthy Ideas!
Pin for later!