For a perfect balance of carbs and protein, this spaghetti squash egg cups recipe is filling and nutritious!Jump to Recipe
For each egg cup, this recipe has 62 calories, 6 g protein, 5 g carbs, 2 g fat, and 0 weight watchers personal points!
If I can balance carbs and protein at a meal, I consider it a win! Perhaps it’s from my Body for Life days, but I still think it’s an ideal pattern for eating.
Nutrient breakdown of the ingredients in these spaghetti squash egg cups.
- Spaghetti squash has 42 calories per cup with 10 grams of carbs, 2.2 grams of fiber, 1 g of protein, and 0.5 grams of fat. Plus, weight watchers considers spaghetti squash as having zero points!
- Eggs have 71 calories per egg, 6 grams protein, 0 grams carbs, and 5 grams of fat.
- Egg whites have 25 calories per 1/4 cup, 5 g protein, and zero fat. Plus, weight watchers considers eggs as zero weight watchers points.
- Spinach is a powerhouse of a food. I have a full list of calories in veggies here, but 1 cup of spinach is only 7 calories!
- Cherry tomatoes (quickly becoming one of my favorite treats!!) has only 25 calories per cup.
So, altogether, I’d say these ingredients make for a FABULOUSLY healthy and delicious recipe!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Best Spaghetti Squash Egg Cups
- 2 cups spaghetti squash flesh cooked and scraped
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 large Egg
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves chopped
- 6 small cherry tomatoes,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti squash. (I do this by cutting the squash in half, scraping out the seeds, and baking it at 350 degrees for 60-90 minutes. Scrape out flesh with a fork and save for later.
- Add 1/3 cup of cooked spaghetti squash to 6 muffin cups, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together. Pour 1/4 cup of egg mix over each muffin cup filled with spaghetti squash.
- Top each spaghetti squash cup with sliced tomatoes, chopped spinach, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes, or until egg is cooked all the way through and the top starts to become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and eat warm! Can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat and eat warm.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Weight Loss Helps & Guides
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!