This low calorie dinner idea is quick and easy. Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Chicken recipe! Just a few ingredients: low calorie alfredo sauce, pre-cooked chicken, parmesan cheese, and a spaghetti squash.Jump to Recipe
One serving of this spaghetti squash alfredo chicken is just 220 calories each; 26 g protein, 18 g carbs, 7 g fat, and 3 g fiber.
So, I like to make homemade alfredo sauce (see my DELICIOUS and Easy recipe for alfredo sauce here), just as much as the next gal.
But, I’ve been searching for a low calorie, jarred alfredo sauce on store shelves lately. I don’t always feel like making it homemade! The fancy, top shelf “healthy sauces” are actually quite high in calories. Even the one made with cauliflower, or keto friendly, or paleo. They all have so many calories!
It’s crazy that the jar that had the lowest calories wasn’t even marketed to be a low calorie option. But it was a clear winner. The Classico 4 Cheese Alfredo only had 45 calories per 1/4 cup. This was half as much, and often more than half as much, as the “healthy alfredo” options. Plus, the second ingredient is heavy cream. How do they do that?
PLUS, it tasted AMAZING.
So, I grabbed the Classico brand, and made some spaghetti squash alfredo chicken.
What I love about this quick and easy recipe, is that you don’t need a recipe at all. All you need is to know how to cook a spaghetti squash.
If I know I want to eat spaghetti squash on a given day, I’ll cut it in half, scoop the seeds out, and put it in the oven just after breakfast. (I bake it at 350 with some foil over the top)
After about 90 minutes, I’ll turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven till lunch, which is when I scrape out the flesh of the spaghetti squash and make a meal with it.
After the spaghetti squash is cooked, you can make anything! (I linked some of my favorite spaghetti squash recipes at the bottom).
Ingredients in quick Alfredo spaghetti squash and chicken
With the flesh of a cooked spaghetti squash in hand, all I did was:
- Stir in the jarred alfredo sauce into the shredded spaghetti squash.
- Topped with cooked chicken
- Topped with parmesan cheese
Then, I put it all under the broiler on high till the cheese cooked and began to brown on top. Watch it carefully. It may cook quickly.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Low Calorie Alfredo Spaghetti Squash and Chicken
- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash cooked and shredded (200 g)
- 4 ounces chicken breast cooked
- 1/4 cup Classico Alfredo 4 cheese sauce (45 calorie one)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti squash by cutting in half, scraping out the seeds and placing on a baking sheet covered in foil.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes, or until skin is soft to the touch.
- Scrape flesh with a fork. Stir in alfredo sauce, cooked chicken and top with parmesan cheese
- Broil in oven on high for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese starts to get crispy.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!