Caffeine, Sugar-Free Jello Blocks
With only 30 calories, 60 mg of caffeine, and 8 g protein, this is a dessert you can have every day! I’ve been reaching for this low calorie treat any time a craving hits.
Since starting my bikini prep in January of this year, I have turned to sugar free Jello more times than I want to admit.
Most of the time, I eat the Jello without tracking it or putting it on a meal plan. I considered it a ‘free food’ until the end of my prep when I was counting calories even for free foods (see my list of free- low or no calorie foods here).
Most days, I’ll make a bowl of Jello while I’m cooking breakfast. I’ll put it in the fridge to firm up. And then by lunch or dinner, I’ll eat it!
I’ve tried all the Sugar Free Jello flavors at our grocery store, and basically love them all. UNTIL- I saw Ashley Kaltwasser (IFBB Bikini Pro) make her Jello with caffeinated crystal light!
BRILLIANT!! I have LOADS of Crystal light, and I even had some unflavored gelatin. But on top of that, I also bought other sugar free drink packets, like Skittles Cherry! And the result- DELICIOUS!!!
What you need
To make the Jello blocks, it’s so easy!
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Add 1 envelope unflavored gelatin and whisk until smooth.
- Add a packet of crystal light ( or other sugar free drink) and whisk again.
- Chill until set (about 3-5 hours)
- Cut into squares or cubes.
And there you go!
The reason I use 1 cup of water, is to make the Jello into finger food. The regular gelatin recipe calls for 2 cups of water, and you can do that, if you want to eat your gelatin with a spoon. I like to pick it up or eat with a fork. It feels “heartier”.
So, here’s the full recipe for you to print or pin!!
Caffeine Sugar Free Jello Blocks
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 packet caffeine crystal light
- Boil 1 cup water. Dissolve and whisk one envelope of gelatin into water.
- Remove from heat and dissolve crystal light packet into water.
- Pour into dish and place in fridge to chill.
- Remove from fridge and cut into cubes or blocks.