This Low Calorie pancakes recipe is another Body For Life classic . Some people call them cottage cheese pancakes. There are really only three ingredients. The egg whites and cottage cheese keep the calories low, but the protein high! Then, to make them like pancakes, we add oats!
- First is to eat DELICIOUS and filling food.
- The second is to eat high volume, low calorie foods.
These pancakes tackle both of those. They are not only low in calories, so you can eat MANY. But, they are a great source of protein and carbs, making them filling and satisfying as well.
How many calories per pancake are in this recipe?
Each pancake in this recipe for low calorie pancakes is only 45 calories, but they have equal amounts of protein and carbs, at 5 grams each. You seriously, can’t go wrong with those kind of macros! Am I right??
Are these pancakes sweet?
If you like your pancakes a little sweeter, one trick to keeping these still low in calories is the sweetener you decide to use. Honestly, I normally would just use small amounts of regular sugar, but this Monk Fruit Sweetener happened to be on sample at Costco yesterday. It’s zero calories and the sample was just a simple strawberry dipped in the sugar. It tasted great, and normally I HATE sugar substitutes. But, this tasted like regular sugar, so I went ahead and bought it.
The Ingredients in the Low Calorie Pancakes
Low Calorie Pancakes Body for Life Recipe
- 1 cup oats dry, rolled oats
- 1 cup egg whites Or 6 egg whites
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or fat free
- 1/4 tsp vanilla optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- 2 tsp monk sweetener optional
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup at a time onto a skillet and cook pancakes both sides until done.
- Add berries and low calorie syrup like Walden farms to the top.
The recipe is simple after that. Blend all ingredients in a blender and pour 1/4 cup portions onto a skillet. I was able to get 13 pancakes out of this recipe using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
Finally, one more low calorie product- the Walden farms pancake syrup is also zero calories!