🎂 German Chocolate Cake Protein Smoothie Bowl
Delicious protein smoothie bowl made with German Chocolate Cake Protein powder, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips and whipped cream.Jump to Recipe
With 314 calories, 23 grams protein, 13 grams carbs, and 19 g fat, you won’t want to miss this protein smoothie bowl.
I’m back from vacation, and ready to get back on track! After 10 days of not tracking food, I gained a few pounds (which is fine), but I also don’t want to slip back into some of my old habits.
With this in mind, I’m starting off my tracking with a DELICIOUS PROTEIN BOWL!!
Firstly, if you want a thick smoothie, I have a few tips. To make protein shakes or bowls thick, I use half the amount of liquid, 5 cubes of ice, and blend it for SEVERAL minutes in a food processor. This way, everything gets nice and thick.
I must finally admit, after talking about protein powder for the last 3 years on this blog, that I’m a full convert to Clean Simple Eats protein powder. In full disclosure, they send me a lot of samples, and I just got addicted to their different flavors. They have so many yummy protein powder flavors, including this newest one: GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE! (get my favorite Clean Simple Eats recipes here)
So, I made a protein smoothie bowl with my bag of German Chocolate Cake protein powder. However, you can also get a similar taste by using chocolate protein powder, and piling on the German Chocolate mix-ins, like pecans and coconut.
Here are several ideas I had for toppings to add on to this chocolate smoothie bowl to stay with the German Chocolate theme. These included:
- Sugar free chocolate chips, or shaved chocolate.
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate granola
- Chocolate Kashi protein cereal
- Coconut Milk
- Almond milk
- Chocolate syrup
Smoothie bowls are so fun to be creative with. There’s such a variety of healthy toppings you can use for a German Chocolate Cake protein bowl. Which ones will you choose?
If you like this recipe, you might also like
German Chocolate Cake Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 scoop German Chocolate Cake Protein Powder (or chocolate)
- 1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips
- 10 grams pecans
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Blend Chocolate or German Chocolate protein powder with almond milk and ice in a high powered blender. For thicker bowl, blend for 2-3 minutes, or in a food processor for 4-5 minutes. Pour into a bowl or cup.
- Add desired toppings like pecans, coconut, chocolate, and whipped cream.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!