This 12 minute, dairy free, gluten free high protein spinach frittata is a great way to start the day. With eggs, egg whites, spinach, tomatoes, and onion, you’ll have all the ingredients to make this filling breakfast at home.Jump to Recipe
You all know I eat eggs for breakfast every day. It’s been the best change I’ve made in the last 3 years that I believe has had a positive impact on my appetite. (meaning, I’m not pouring bowl after bowl after bowl of cereal any more.)
So, in my quest to make eggs in different ways, I’ve been surprised at how quickly I can make a Frittata! From start to finish, this only took me 12 minutes. Give it a try!
For this spinach frittata, the steps are pretty basic (there’s also a quick video in the recipe card)
- Cook onion and tomatoes in a cast iron skillet
- Add the spinach and cook till wilted.
- Top with eggs and cook until eggs are mostly set.
- Garnish with extra tomato slices.
- Transfer to an oven heated on high broil.
- Bake the rest of the way till eggs are cooked through (should only need about 3 minutes in the oven.
- Slice and eat!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
High Protein, Low Carb Spinach Frittata
- 8" Cast Iron Skillet
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 large tomatoe
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set broil on oven to High.
- Generously coat an 8 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray or oil. Cook onion and the diced half of the tomato for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add more cooking spray. Add the spinach and cook 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Whisk the egg and egg whites in a bowl, and pour over the veggies.
- Without stirring, let the eggs cook on the stove top until it is almost set (the bottom is cooked an almost cooked through to the top, with the top being still a bit wet. 3-4 minutes.
- Top with sliced tomatoes. Put in oven on high broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top gets golden brown and cooked.
- Remove from oven and slice into 4 pieces (quarters), and enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!