After documenting all my meals, calculating all the calories and macros, taking pictures, and writing out my shopping list for the last 30 days, I’m finally ready to share it! 30 day, 1200 calorie meal plan with each day over 100 grams of protein. Grab this meal plan and reach your weight loss goals now.
Weight Loss 101
Creating a calorie deficit is the only effective way to lose weight and reach your goals. Especially if you are already eating mostly healthy and exercising. Your weight might hit a plateau for a very long time until you cut your calories sufficiently to lose weight. (calculate what you need for your calories and macros here).
Losing the “last 10 lbs” for me required me to get down to 1200 calories, and weigh and measure everything I ate! And even then, it still took several months of consistency to get to my goal.
But it also took 30+ years! So a few months of being ultra consistent, really isn’t that long.
Why a 1200 calorie diet plan?
1200 calories happens to be the calorie threshold most people would agree would create an appropriate deficit, while still meeting your micronutrient needs.
You don’t have to drop to 1200 calories forever. After you lose weight, you can gradually increase calories and still maintain your weight loss. I’ve been able to maintain my weight loss at 1500 calories without gaining weight.
Why you need a meal plan for weight loss
- It works: Following a meal plan, or having a pattern for my meals has helped me and thousands of people lose weight.
- Avoid decision fatigue: Following a meal plan eliminates the focus on food, and the fatigue of trying to make good food choices. I find, I’m more likely to have discipline when I’m not focused on what I should choose for my next meal.
- It’s REALLY 1200: This 1200 calorie meal plan helps you to stick to a calorie deficit without worrying about if you are doing it right.
What food can I eat on a 1200 calories diet?
If you eat healthy, whole foods, and lots of fruits and vegetables, 1200 calories can actually be quite satisfying! Making sure to get 100 grams of protein each day has been a game changer in helping to control my appetite.
The way I have been eating 1200 calories looks like this:
- BREAKFAST: Eggs & Oats or toast 300-400 calories
- LUNCH: Salad with protein on top 300-400 calories
- SNACK/DESSERT: 200 calories
- DINNER: Protein and veggies 400-500 calories
Example of a 1200 calorie day:
In my 1200 calorie meal plan (that you can buy here), there’s a “full day of eating” page for all 30 days in the meal plan. That way you can get a quick look at the meals and their calories. Each day is 1200 calories and over 100 grams of protein.
MY MOST IMPORTANT TIP: If there is a particular day you like, then I HIGHLY recommend putting that day on REPEAT. In fact, I repeat the same meals (especially breakfast, lunch, and snack) several days at a time, until I use up all the food for those meals, and then I move on to another day for breakfast, lunch, and snack. I always rotate my dinners though.
So start with this one: DAY 1, and eat the same food for the rest of the week! Then, tell me how you feel. I’d love to hear from you.
In my 30 day meal plan, I have a full day of instructions for all 30 days, like the one below. That’s 120 meals and recipes with calories and macros for each meal, and for each day!
30-Day Meal Plan for Weight Loss: 1200 Calories a Day
Included in my 30 day meal plan is this calendar of the FULL 30 days of 1200 calories each day. If you see a meal you want the recipe for, you’ll want the full meal plan! Print this page of the plan, and put it on your fridge!
Everything that comes with this Low Calorie Diet Plan
OK- Here’s EVERYTHING you’ll get with this 1200 calorie meal plan:
- 30 days of 1200 calorie meals
- Over 100 grams of protein each day.
- Grocery list for each week with links to my favorite low calorie brands.
- My 12 mindset hacks that helped me to stay motivated, consistent, and stick with it long enough to see results!
- My workout plan for cardio and strength training.
- Links to the supplements I take, as well as the gadgets, and products I use on a regular basis.
- Worksheets with a weight tracker, habit tracker, and some blank recipe pages and shopping lists.
- And of course- email support! Message me any day, any time! I always reply.
I hope that this 1200 calorie meal plan is helpful for you! Let me know which of the meals were your favorite!
1200 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss FAQs
– The amount of weight you can lose eating 1200 calories depends on your current caloric intake. If you are currently maintaining your weight at 2000 calories, you could lose a pound of fat every 4 days. You can lose even more weight off the scale if you are also losing water due to an increase of water consumption, or a decrease in sodium or carbs.
– Most people however will lose around 2 lbs per week consuming 1200 calories.
To lose 30 lbs, you would need to create a calorie deficit of 105,000 calories. If you are currently maintaining weight at 1700 calories, and you reduce your intake by 500 calories per day to 1200 calories, it would take 210 days to lose 30 lbs, or 7 months. If you are currently eating 2000 calories, it would take 131 days or 4 ½ months.
There are two main reasons you aren’t losing weight on a 1200 calorie diet. You are either not in a calorie deficit, or you aren’t being patient enough. It takes time to lose weight, but you also have to learn through tracking if you are in a deficit at all.
Yes, you can lose weight on a 1200 calorie diet without exercise, however, you might also be losing muscle and lean tissue. Including exercise in your routine will help you maintain lean muscle mass, while simultaneously reducing fat.
YOU READY TO GET THIS PLAN??