Protein waffles are a delicious way to get extra protein and enjoy breakfast in a whole new way! This chocolate protein waffle with chocolate protein powder is the best!Jump to Recipe
With my marathon behind me, and still on a high about beating a BQ by almost 20 minutes, it’s time to buckle down for the next event- Bodybuilding show on SATURDAY!!
Yeah, call me crazy. But for those people who think you can’t be a distance runner AND a bodybuilder, I think you can.
Clearly, if you are an elite athlete you’d have to choose. But, if you are a recreational competitor and only competing against yourself each year (which is me), than I say GO FOR IT!! So that’s what I decided to do.
So, this is officially peak week and I’m trying to squeak those last few muscle gains outs. Which requires me to make some
Waffles are a great way to start your day. And the best thing I like to do with waffles is add protein and chocolate!
While these waffles might not win any cooking contests, you can bet I feel like I’m eating a treat every time I make them.
How to make classic protein waffles into chocolate
So, for these waffles, I took my classic protein waffle recipe with a few substitutions.
- I first subbed vanilla protein powder for chocolate protein powder. While I like Optimum Nutrition, for chocolate I used Clean Simple Eats chocolate.
- I added a stevia packet because I didn’t feel like the chocolate was sweet enough to taste like dessert. And I really like sweet things. You can leave this out, but I like it a little sweeter.
- And finally, I used vanilla extract. On my classic protein waffles, I like the almond extract!
If you like the classic waffles or chocolate waffles, you’ve got to try the Birthday Cake protein waffles next!
Adding protein to your diet in a variety of forms can help with weight loss by increasing your satiety at each meal. I’ve found when I hit my protein targets, my appetite is more normal, and I experience fewer cravings.
You bet! One scoop of chocolate protein powder added to ANY waffle recipe is the easiest way to simply make chocolate protein waffles.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 packet stevia (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate syrup
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Heat a waffle iron. Pour ingredients onto waffle iron and cook until done.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!