How to Make Frozen Protein Berry BonBons
If you are looking for a mid-day protein treat, these frozen protein berry bon bons might be your new favorite snack. All you need is protein powder, frozen berries and chocolate.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for EACH protein berry bonbon is 35 calories, 2 grams protein, 4 grams carbs, and 1 gram of fat.
Honestly, this easy to make frozen protein berry treat tastes like ice cream! Even after freezing, they never get too hard. In fact, they are PERFECT when you bite into them right out of the freezer.
How to make protein berry bonbons
This treat couldn’t be easier!
- First, I started with 2/3 cup of frozen berries. It sounds like a strange amount, but I like to use nutrition data straight from the packaging and 1 serving of frozen berries was 2/3 cup, making it easier to track the calories and macros for the entire recipe.
- Second, I used protein powder, because this is a protein treat after all! For these pictures, I actually used a sample of “fruity Cereal” protein powder from Eflow. (see it here). The promoted a sample pack of 4 protein powders on instagram, and I fell for it of course. It actually was really good, but I only had one of the fruity cereal.
- I’ve made this with strawberry protein powder and vanilla of my go-to brands, and it tastes good too. But, the Eflow one was kind of my favorite!
- Then, I added a touch of almond milk, just to help with blending. If you can get your food processor to blend without it, I think it’s better, because it will be more solid than soft.
- Once blended, I used a large cookie scoop to make 12 balls of the frozen berries on parchment paper, on a cookie sheet, and threw it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Then, I melted some chocolate chips, and drizzled the chocolate on top of the frozen protein berry mounds.
THAT’S IT!! So easy, so delicious. So refreshing!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Frozen Protein Berry Bonbons
- 140 grams frozen mixed berries
- 1 scoop protein powder 30 grams
- 3 tablespoons Almond milk (vanilla unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend frozen berries with protein powder and almond milk.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop berry mix onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze the balls of the protein berry mix.
- Once frozen, drizzle melted chocolate chips on, and refreeze.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!