These fluffy chocolate peanut butter banana waffles are made from just egg whites, oats, and a banana! Delicious recipe, that is high in protein, gluten free, and low in calories.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for these banana waffles are 81 calories if you make a mini waffle, 4 grams protein, 12 grams carbs, and 2 g fat.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
If you are trying to cut back on calories in an effort to lose weight, this recipe for banana waffles is going to hit the spot! I love to eat food that feels indulgent, yet low enough in calories that I can still eat a lot more food the rest of the day. Counting calories, even in weight loss maintenance has been crucial for me keeping the weight off. (read my weight loss story here)
How to make this banana waffle recipe
I considered a few things when deciding to try this waffle idea.
- I wanted to use egg whites, but whip them into stiff peaks. This gets the air into the batter, to make them fluffier.
- I wanted chocolate and peanut butter, because it goes so well with banana flavors. So, I added chocolate chips and peanut butter powder.
- I used the peanut butter powder to cut down on the calories, without losing the peanut butter flavor.
- I used cream of tarter to help the egg whites set without deflating too quickly.
- I used oats instead of flour to make them gluten free.
- I used banana for texture and flavor.
- I used sugar free chocolate syrup to drizzle on top.
- I used extra peanut butter powder mixed with water to drizzle on top.
The final recipe looked like this:
- Egg whites plus cream of tarter- whipped until stiff peaks form.
- Oats, peanut butter powder, and banana, mashed together.
- Folding the egg whites into the banana mixture.
- Then using 1/4 cup at a time, cook on a mini waffle iron, like the dash mini waffle maker. Use 1/2 cup if you are using a standard waffle maker.
Give these chocolate peanut butter banana waffles a try! They are quick, easy, and so tasty!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Waffles
- Beat egg whites with cream of tarter until stiff peaks form
- Blend oats in a blender, until it resembles flour.
- Mash banana with oats and peanut butter powder.
- Fold egg whites into banana mixture. Softly stir until mixed.
- Slowly fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray. Using 1/4 cup at a time, fill a mini waffle iron, for 4 waffles. Alternatively, use 1/2 cup and make two large waffles if you don't have a mini waffle iron. If making two large waffles, double the calories and macros.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!