This quick treat is only 100 calories for a fudgy mug brownie!
This is how you can get yourself a delicious single brownie when you need a small treat, and don’t want to overdo it! This single serving, 100 calorie mug brownie recipe will only take minutes to get ready and it’s so simple!
I’ve measured out brownie mixes, and cake mixes to see how much I could eat and still stay within my calories for the day. For the brownies and the cake mix, 2 tablespoons is equal to 100 calories.
SO, that makes it easy to make a 100 calorie mug cake, or brownie!
This little portion control treat hack has saved me so many times when I want a treat, but I also don’t want a whole pan of brownies taunting me the rest of the day.
The one warning about this brownie.. you should only make it when you want to eat it RIGHT AWAY! There is no, “saving this for later”. No, making ahead and bringing it to the office. It’s delicious when it’s HOT And right out of the microwave. It’s chocolatey, fudgy, and delicious.
But, quickly, it will turn hard and rubbery. So, don’t wait around. Eat it hot and enjoy!
The Mug Brownie Recipe
100 Calorie Mug Brownie
- 2 tablespoons dry brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon water
- For every two tablespoons of brownie mix, it's 100 calories. So, grab a full size brownie boxed mix and portion it out every time you need a treat.
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray.
- Add 2 tablespoons of brownie mix, and only enough water to make it the consistency of thick liquid. One teaspoon at a time.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Check for doneness. Cook for 20-30 seconds longer.
- Eat right away! The brownie will be fudgy and chewy. If you leave it too long, it becomes hard and rubbery.
Also, you might as well add 20 extra calories to get some delicious whipped topping on this treat. You won’t regret that either!
Let me know what you think of these quick and easy mug brownies!