Healthy apple fries can be made by cooking your apples in an air fryer, and it only takes 5 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Made with apples, graham cracker crumbs, cooking spray and cinnamon sugar, these apple fries do not taste like a healthy dessert, but an indulgent one!
Why we like apples
Fruit is essential in your diet for fiber and vitamins, and apples are packed with them.
- 4 grams of fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- and rich with polyphenols, antioxidants that protect your body from damage.
I love to use apples in baking, healthy snacks like these apple chips, and as a apple pie like filling for these protein crepes. Also, in my old age, I actually prefer cooked apples to raw ones. They are definitely more gentle on my stomach.
5 minute Apple fries
This 120 calorie treat for apple fries came from the booklet that came with my toaster oven. Using the air fryer setting, it only took 5 minutes, but you could easily do this in an oven.
✔️1 sliced apple
✔️Butter flavored cooking spray
✔️1 tablespoon Graham cracker crumbs
✔️Sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
I put the apple slices in a bowl and sprayed them with the butter flavored cooking spray. I sprinkled the Graham cracker crumbs in and mixed it around. Then, I arranged the slices on the air fryer basket for my toaster oven. Next, sprinkled the slices with cinnamon sugar. Then baked in the air fryer for 5 minutes! This makes them a little crispy, similar to fries, which is why we are calling them, apple fries! Watch them carefully! The will burn in 7!! 😂
Apple fries is high carb treat, but I like to add protein by dipping the apple slices in vanilla Greek yogurt! So good!
Healthy Apple Fries
- Air fryer
- 1 medium apple sliced
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Put the apple slices in a bowl and spray them with the butter flavored cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the Graham cracker crumbs in and mix it around.
- Arrange the slices on the air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon sugar
- Then bake in the air fryer for 5 minutes! Watch them carefully! The will burn in 7!
Let me know if you try these apple fries! You’re going to love them.
For more healthy recipes, I’d love a follow on Pinterest! I pin all the good stuff!