Healthy apple fries can be made by cooking your apples in an air fryer, and it only takes 5 minutes!
Made with apples, graham cracker crumbs, cooking spray and cinnamon sugar, these apple fries do not taste like a healthy dessert, but an indulgent one!
Why we like apples
Fruit is essential in your diet for fiber and vitamins, and apples are packed with them.
- 4 grams of fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- and rich with polyphenols, antioxidants that protect your body from damage.
I love to use apples in baking, healthy snacks like these apple chips, and as a apple pie like filling for these protein crepes. Also, in my old age, I actually prefer cooked apples to raw ones. They are definitely more gentle on my stomach.
5 minute Apple fries
This 120 calorie treat for apple fries came from the booklet that came with my air fryer toaster oven. Using the air fryer setting, it only took 5 minutes, but you could easily do this in an oven.
- ✔️1 sliced apple
- ✔️Butter flavored cooking spray
- ✔️1 tablespoon Graham cracker crumbs
- ✔️Sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
I put the apple slices in a bowl and sprayed them with the butter flavored cooking spray. Next, I sprinkled the Graham cracker crumbs in and mixed it around. Then, I arranged the slices on the air fryer basket for my toaster oven. Next, sprinkled the slices with cinnamon sugar. Then baked in the air fryer for 5 minutes! This makes them a little crispy, similar to fries, which is why we are calling them, apple fries! Watch them carefully! The will burn in 7!! ?
Apple fries is high carb treat, but I like to add protein by dipping the apple slices in vanilla Greek yogurt! So good!
Want to lose weight, and still eat delicious food? Get my free 7 day weight loss meal plan here!
Healthy Apple Fries
- Air fryer
- 1 medium apple sliced
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Put the apple slices in a bowl and spray them with the butter flavored cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the Graham cracker crumbs in and mix it around.
- Arrange the slices on the air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon sugar
- Then bake in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 425! Watch them carefully! The will burn in 7! You could also do 350 at 15 minutes!
Let me know if you try these apple fries! You’re going to love them.
For more healthy recipes, I’d love a follow on Pinterest! I pin all the good stuff!