Best Protein Peaches & Cream Dessert Quesadilla Recipe
Using peaches, protein powder, and light cream cheese can turn this delicious dessert quesadilla into a healthy treat!Jump to Recipe
There are 48 calories with 4 grams protein, 7 grams carbs and 2 grams of fat per slice of this dessert quesadilla.
In my family, we anticipate peach season ALL YEAR LONG!
At the end of every summer, it’s a peach extravaganza around here! Anywhere we can find peaches, we buy them. We like peaches so much that last summer, we experimented with all kinds of peach desserts. Try our peaches and cream protein ice cream or broiled cinnamon peaches , if you want to sample some of our favorite peach recipes. Of course peach pie is the best dessert of the summer and we tried all kinds!
One of the “secret” ingredients in my favorite peach pie was almond extract. I have never forgotten how tasty it was! Now I want almond extract in ALL the peach treats I make. Almond extract will make this dessert quesadilla extra yummy.
Ingredients used in the protein peaches and cream quesadilla
- Snack size La Banderita Carb Counter Tortilla (only 35 calories each!) I love using the smaller tortilla size to help with portion control
- Vanilla protein powder Or Peaches & Cream Clean simple eats Protein Powder : If you use the vanilla powder, puree some peaches and mix in with the cream cheese to give an extra peachy flavor.
- Light cream cheese spread has 30 percent less calories and half the fat of regular cream cheese. It is the key to keeping this dessert quesadilla low calorie AND low fat.
- Almond extract to give this dessert quesadilla that special flavor.
- Peaches because in-season fruits make the best desserts! For the best peaches, check out local farm stands and farmers markets. I love supporting local agriculture and I love it even more when I get to buy peaches!
Which type of peach should I use?
There are several varieties of peaches to choose from. The “best” partly depends on your personal taste, but different peaches do work better for different jobs. Here is a run down of some common peach varieties:
- Freestone: These are ranked the best peach for baking. The are the most common type of peach found in both grocery stores and farmers markets. They are a bit larger and less juicy than other peaches and the biggest bonus is the pit pulls out easily. When you are making a pie or dessert quesadilla and using lots of peaches you’ll love that feature!
- Clingstone: This peach gets it’s name from the way the flesh of the peach clings to the pit. It takes more work, but the juicy flesh makes this peach great for canning or making jam. I love peach jam! They are a softer, sweeter peach and usually a little smaller than the freestone.
- Donut: A peach that looks like a donut! The donut peach is just what it sounds like — squashed like a donut shape. I tried these for the first time this summer and they are divine. They are not as sweet and juicy as other peach types which makes them ideal for eating on the go just out of your hands. They have a tiny little pit that comes out easily and are not as fuzzy skinned as most types. You can almost eat them like you would an apple. My kids devoured these as they were easy to grab and eat.
- White: Another yummy peach variety! The white peach is less acidic and sweeter than the traditional yellow peach. Like the donut peach, they are easy to eat out of hand.
- Yellow: This is your classic peach. Sweet, juicy, with a little tang. You’ll be dripping peach juice all over when you bite into the yellow peach, but finding the classic peach flavor you love.
Any peach variety will work with these dessert quesadillas and it is fun to experiment and see what type your family prefers. With only 48 calories, you can experiment all summer!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Protein Peaches and Cream Dessert Quesadilla
- 2 snack size La Banderita Carb Counter Tortilla
- 10 grams vanilla protein powder Or Peaches & Cream Clean Eats Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese spread
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 medium peach sliced
- Mix protein powder with cream cheese and almond extract. Spread on one tortilla.
- Add sliced peaches to the top of the cream cheese.
- Add second tortilla. Cook on a hot skillet until center gets warm, and tortillas get toasty.
- Remove from skillet when hot and toasty. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with extra peaches and whipped cream.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!