For 35 calories and 15 minutes of your time, enjoy this broiled cinnamon peaches and cream! With fresh peaches, spray butter, cinnamon, and zero calorie sugar, you’re going to love them!
If you are counting calories or dieting, you might be fantasizing about indulging in all the sweet treats you feel deprived of in this moment. This is why I LOVE to create recipes for low calorie desserts!
Fruit is a great choice for a low calorie dessert. Not only are they naturally sweet, but you also get the benefits of being high in nutrients. Apples and peaches are terrific fruits to start with. (Check out my healthy apple crisp here!)
Benefits of peaches
Peaches are a great choice for dessert. They are:
- About 60 calories per medium peach
- High in vitamin C
- A good source of fiber (2 grams)
- High in antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- SO NATURALLY SWEET and perfect for dessert!
To Broil or Roast your peaches?
Broiling and roasting are effective ways to cook vegetables or fruits.
Broiling happens when you cook something close to the heating element, usually from the top.
If you roast something, you surround the food with dry heat, like roasting marshmallows over a fire.
To bake something, you are changing the structure of what you put in the oven. For example, baking bread, or baking cookies.
I chose broiling for the peaches because I like the high top heat for caramalizing of the sugar on top of the peach. You can also roast, and still get a delicious hot peach!
Broiling in my Toaster Oven
Guys – YES! I’m obsessed with my toaster oven! So, while you can make this in a regular oven, I made my roasted cinnamon peaches and cream in my toaster oven.
How to reduce calories in Broiled Cinnamon Peaches and Cream
The only calories in the roasted peaches and cream come from the peach and the cream! I used a zero calorie sugar and cinnamon for flavor, so this added no extra calories!
I also used spray butter for almost no calories as well.
How to make Broiled Peaches
To make this healthy dessert, broiled cinnamon peaches and cream:
- Pit and slice your peach.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and no calorie sugar (monk golden is perfect for this).
- Broil under high heat for 5-10 minutes, or until peach is bubbly and begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon whipped cream!
35 Calorie Broiled Cinnamon Peaches and Cream
- 2 medium peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon golden monk sugar (zero calorie sweetener)
- 4 squirt spray butter
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- Slice peaches in half, and remove the pit.
- Cut the bottom from each side of the peach, if you want the peaches to lay flat on your cookie sheet or serving plate.
- Spray each peach slice once with spray butter (Like I can't believe it's not butter)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, so it's evenly distributed. Then, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the peaches.
- Broil close to the heating element on high, in your oven or toaster oven. Watch carefully and remove when peaches start bubbling. (about 6-10 minutes)
- Remove from oven. Serve with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream on each peach slice.
Let me know what you think, and don’t forget to Pin this to your healthy desserts boards!