Delicious low calorie mini ice cream cones: Peaches & Cream Protein Ice Cream! 4 ingredients, and easy to make.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for each ice cream cone is 68 calories, 7 grams protein, 9 grams carbs and 0 grams of fat.
This summer has been a hot one! Some mornings, when I look at my phone, I see a warning for: EXTEME HEAT.
So, it’s no surprise that I’ve been making protein ice cream in as many ways and flavors as I can imagine. When we have friends or family over for dinner, and we’re planning ice cream for dessert, I’ll often make my own protein ice cream, and eat it while everyone else is eating full fat/sugar ice cream. No one even notices I’m eating a healthier version, and sometimes, I don’t even say anything! It just makes me feel better to stay on my weight maintenance plan!
This latest idea for Peaches and Cream ice cream came about because I got a sample package from Clean Simple Eats for their new flavor, Peaches and Cream! That’s one of the perks of signing up for affiliate programs as a blogger- SAMPLES!! (see my other CSE protein recipe, Caramel Toffee here!)
With a few extra ingredients, that may or may not have been necessary, I used the protein powder to make some creamy Peaches & Cream Ice cream. (if you want to try this flavor of protein powder, my discount code is AMYROSKELLEY)
How I made this protein ice cream
The ingredients I chose to use to make sure my peaches and cream ice cream was creamy and sweet included:
- The Peaches & Cream Protein powder. I used Clean Simple Eats brand. If I didn’t have this, I’d use vanilla, and add the peaches pureed or blended to give it the peach flavor.
- Skim milk. I usually use almond milk for my ice creams and protein shakes, but I wanted to use some milk this time to switch it up, and possibly make it a little creamier.
- Sugar free vanilla pudding mix. If you’ve been on my blog for any amount of time, you’ll know, I LOVE MY pudding mixes! For 20 calories per tablespoon, they add so much creaminess, thickness, and sweetness!
- Plain Greek nonfat yogurt– Another ingredient I use often on the blog. It’s low in calories, and high in protein. It makes a nice little thickener when you want some protein.
- A peach! I just chopped up the peach, but you could certainly puree one with your ingredients in a blender.
- And finally, the magic – 15 calorie Ice Cream cones! The Keebler brand Ice Cream cones only have 15 calories!! What a find!
After all the ingredient is blended and mixed together, I put it all in a freezer safe dish, and let it freeze. Then, once frozen, because I was using the mini cones, I used a mini cookie scooper (about 2-3 scoops per cone) and got 8 cones out of it. This made the ice cream 68 calories per cone.
And that’s it. It really couldn’t be easier.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Peaches and Cream Protein Ice Cream
- Blend protein powder, milk, pudding mix and yogurt in a blender.
- Pour into a dish and sprinkle chopped peaches into the mix.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours!
- Filling the ice cream cones, I got 8 cones with this recipe.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!