35 Calorie DIY Flavored Rice Cakes
Plain, lightly salted, boring rice cakes have 35 calories per cake. Add flavor without adding calories by using delicious low calorie seasoning!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for a plain, lightly salted rice cake are 35 calories, 0 g protein, 7 grams carbs, and 0 grams of fat. To step out out of boring rice cakes, without adding calories, I use butter flavored spray, and a variety of seasonings for many different flavors.
Packaged flavored rice cakes calories
- Caramel rice cakes are 50 calories
- White Cheddar rice cakes are 45 calories
- Apple Cinnamon rice cakes are 50 calories
- Butter flavored rice cakes are only 35
- and the Chocolate rice cakes are 60.
I like to use a plain rice cake and add flavor with the following seasonings:
- Get a sweet/salty combo with Kernel season’s Kettle Corn.
- Kernel seasoning cheddar and caramel savory cheddar meets sweet caramel for a perfect blend.
- Feast Mode Cinnamon Honey butter makes me feel like I’m eating a scone!
- I love coconut flavoring and Feast Mode Coconut Cream has real toasted coconut along with honey to add sweetness.
I love finding products that add flavor without adding calories. One of my favorites is Kernel Season, which has a huge variety of flavors including:
white cheddar, sour cream and onion, garlic parmesan, dill pickle, ranch, cheesy jalapeño, caramel corn, nacho cheddar, chile limon, buffalo wing, bacon cheddar, salt and vinegar, milk chocolate caramel, birthday cake, pumpkin spice, and more!
Wow! You can quench any craving with this variety of flavors! They range in calories from 0-5 calories per serving (1/4 t) so you can spice up your rice cake without adding calories. It’s a great hack for weight loss.
Another favorite of mine is Feast Mode and it offers almost 30 flavors as well. While all of them might not work on a rice cake, you will definitely see something that makes your mouth water. I want to try death by chocolate, and pizza parmesan! Like Kernel Season, they have just a few calories, if any, so you are really just adding flavor.
What other seasonings would you try?
Why eat rice cakes?
Rice cakes are a popular snack with a dry, crispy texture. Rice cakes do not carry a lot of nutritional value, but are a great filler if you tend to snack between meals. Made from puffed rice that is pressed together to form a circular cake, a rice cake is just the right size to carry and snack on.
Eating a small, low calorie snack; like a flavored rice cake, can boost your energy and help you stay active between meals. For more nutritional content, you can add healthy toppings like nut butters, avocado, or fruit. If you want more ideas of high protein toppings read this post!
Another benefit of rice cakes is that they are made with only 2 ingredients, rice and salt. Rice is a very easy to digest food that is easy on your stomach and does not cause any bloating. That is why rice cakes are my favorite snack on my long run days when I often have an upset stomach.
Eating rice cakes post-workout also helps to replenish muscle glycogen.
DIY Flavored Rice Cakes
- 1 Lightly Salted Rice Cake
- 1 spray butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Kernels Seasoning Cheddar and Caramel
- 1 teaspoon kernels seasoning kettle corn
- 1 teaspoon Flavor Mode Cinnamon Honey butter
- 1 teaspoon Flavor Mode Coconut Creme
- Spray a rice cake with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle zero calorie seasoning on top.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
This is not a recipe this is an already made rice cake and all you do is adding flavor . I wanna know how to make that 35 caloric rice cake.
You could try this recipe Nancy,
Thanks for the feedback!