Looking for a dessert that is high in protein and still healthy? Try this Body for Life Cheesecake!
While you still want to practice appropriate portion control, this dessert is a healthy treat for the whole family. This Body for Life Cheesecake contains per slice, 141 Calories, 13 grams protein, 14 grams carbs, 3 grams fat.
If anyone here remembers Body for Life, you are my people. I own every book Bill Phillips ever published about the diet, including cookbooks, which is where I got this cheesecake.
While it doesn’t really taste like cheesecake, after the first slice, I was kind of hooked, and I had two slices already today, and it’s just 9:30am.
I did use real sugar instead of Splenda, and didn’t make his toppings. Also, not sure what he meant by “egg substitute”, I just used egg whites.
Body for Life Cheesecake
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup egg whites
- 0.50 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Blend cottage cheese, vanilla, sugar, cream cheese, and egg whites in a blender.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into bottom of a 9 inch pie plate
- Pour cottage cheese mixture into pie plate on top of crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- chill for 30 minutes
- Top with fruit and whipped cream (optional)