This healthy chocolate chip cheesecake uses low fat cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sugar free chocolate chips for a creamy, delicious dessert!Jump to Recipe
1/4 of this cheesecake contains 146 calories, 7g protein, 18 g carbs and 7 g fat.
The more dialed in my nutrition gets, the easier it is to include a healthy dessert, almost every day!
Let me explain! 3 balanced meals plus one snack or dessert, totally works for me in maintaining my weight loss! It’s only when I’m not eating 3 balanced meals (with appropriate digesting time in between), and instead, I’m grazing or snacking ALL DAY LONG, my progress slowly slips away. (read my post on how not snacking is the easiest way to lose weight, here!)
I want to know! Do you eat 3 or 4 meals plus dessert, or are you a grazer?
Ingredients in a low calorie cheesecake
If you have room for dessert in your healthy eating plan, you must try this low calorie chocolate chip cheesecake! I started with a similar recipe to the Body For Life Cheesecake, but made a few tweaks to it. The final recipe for this chocolate chip version is below!
- I started with low fat cottage cheese. You can use fat free cottage cheese as well, and it works great. It will also save you a few calories. However, in my local stores, fat free cottage cheese is not always in stock. Which is what happened this week. So, low fat cottage cheese works as well!
- Second, I used vanilla extract. It just adds some delicious vanilla flavor.
- I used Lakanto Monk Fruit Sugar– although there are some carbs with using this sugar, the net calories are zero.
- I used 1/3 fat cream cheese. Like the cottage cheese, if you can find fat free cream cheese, I like to use that, but it’s actually really hard to find!
- I used egg whites to bind it together.
- And finally, I used the Lilys sugar free chocolate chips! Have you noticed I’m a HUGE fan of these chocolate chips! I can’t believe they are sugar free!
To make the low calorie crust, I used
- Graham cracker crumbs
- and light butter. I used the Country Crock light butter, which has a great taste to it!
How to make low calorie cream cheese
I first blended the cottage cheese, vanilla, zero calorie sugar, cream cheese, and egg whites with a mixer. Although I stirred in the chocolate chips, they ended up settling to the bottom of the cheesecake. So you could also just sprinkle them in after you pour the cheesecake on the graham crackers.
I combined the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and pressed it into bottom of a 6 inch round cake pan. I topped the crust with the cottage cheese mixture into cake pan.
Then I baked it at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, and chilled for 30 minutes.
Finally, I topped the cheesecake with extra chocolate chips and whipped cream, but that is totally optional! I cut this into quarters to make 4 servings.
If you’re a cheesecake fan like me, but want to cut back on the calories, definitely make sure to try this healthy chocolate chip cheesecake! It won’t disappoint!
Low Calorie Chocolate Chip cheesecake
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- Blend cottage cheese, vanilla, zero calorie sugar, cream cheese, and egg whites with a mixer. Stir in chocolate chips..
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into bottom of a 6 inch round cake pan.
- Top crust with the cottage cheese mixture into cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. chill for 30 minutes. Top with extra chocolate chips and whipped cream (optional)
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!