The latest craze: Yogurt Protein Bowl! Combine Greek yogurt with your favorite protein powder and you’ve got a high protein, delicious treat!
5 Reasons to eat more yogurt protein bowls
I’ve been obsessed lately with mixing different flavored protein powder into plain Greek Yogurt. I have so many reasons I’ve been eating this. Here are 5!
- It reveals instantly whether I’m going to like the taste of the protein powder or not. I don’t care for drinking protein shakes. because there are so many other (more filling ways) to include protein powder in your diet. Making a yogurt protein bowl is my favorite way with the right protein powder and yogurt combo!
- It’s a great way to reach your protein goals for the day. This bowl with 1/2 scoop of protein powder has 28 grams of protein. Perfect for when you get tired of chicken and eggs!
- It’s a terrific post workout meal. Nutrition recovery is essential . Combining the protein with the carbs in this yogurt bowl strikes a great balance to recover muscle and fatigue.
- It’s faster than a protein shake. No blender, no fuss!
- And finally, it feels like dessert! For real. I eat it for dessert.
While it’s really OK to just combine the protein powder with some Greek yogurt, I fancied this one up for the gram! I think it turned out perfect!
For this blueberry flavored yogurt protein bowl, I used:
- 2/3 cup Nonfat plain Greek Yogurt (170 grams)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Walmart)
- 1 tablespoon sugar free cheesecake pudding mix (I don’t always use this, but if I have some, I’ll throw it in too!)
- 50 grams blueberries
- 1 tablespoon crushed Graham crackers
- Whipped cream! (optional)
Totals: 210 calories 28 g protein 20 g carbs 2 g fat
I’ve got so many more yogurt protein bowls I’ll be adding over the next few months. It all started with this one, the Cookies and Cream protein dip! There are just so many more combinations worth sharing! This blueberry cheesecake one has been one of my favorites though, so I wanted to start with this!
Blueberry Cheesecake Yogurt Protein Bowl
- Stir the protein powder with the greek yogurt together until smooth. Add the sugar free cheesecake pudding mix. This isn't necessary, and I don't always do it, but it sure is tasty! Stir until there is no grainyness at all. Chill if you want to really blend the flavors after stirring.
- Top with blueberries, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream
So, there you go! I hope you give this a try. Yogurt protein bowls are a great addition to a healthy diet and can help you meet your goals. Let me know if you try it and don’t forget to pin it to your favorite protein boards!
READ NEXT –> 25 High protein foods I eat the most!
Also read after that —> Cookies and Cream Protein Dip