Squishy, chewy, hearty, and delicious! Homemade bread that’s low in calories, low in sugar, and easy to make.Jump to Recipe
Ok- there is technically 4 ingredients, but do you really count water? LOL For each slice of bread, the calories and macros are 80 calories, 17 g carbs, 2 grams protein, zero grams fat, and 2 WW PP.
Well, it’s no secret, I love bread. My first low calorie bread article was all about bread buying options at the store. You can see my favorite store bought low calorie bread list here.
But a girls gotta have her homemade, chewy, hot homemade bread too! This bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast, and just eating straight off the loaf.
Plus, it’s so incredibly easy! You’ll be shocked at how simple it is.
And, it only takes 15-20 minutes to cook. Which is awesome. The thing that takes the longest is waiting for it to rise.
Here’s some commonly asked questions I get about bread
- Can you eat bread and lose weight? YES! I am proof. Calories count, so if you don’t go over calories, you can eat bread.
- Isn’t white flour bad for you? If that’s the only carbs in your diet, than I think it is. White flour isn’t the healthiest thing. But, in moderation, a slice of bread isn’t going to be harmful. I generally try to get your carbs from potatoes, rice and fruit!
- What if I can’t control myself around warm homemade bread? Yeah, me too. You’ll have to choose for yourself how often you can handle the temptation. I usually make homemade bread on Sunday’s for a big family dinner, but I serve it to my family, and hope it’s gone before Monday morning.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
3 Ingredient Low Calorie Bread Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well incorporated, and then use your hands to mix it till no flour remains.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size. (about 1 hour)
- Spray a 10 inch bread pan with cooking spray. Put dough in bread pan and let rise for 1 more hour.
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice in 1/2 inch slices if you want the calories and macros to match mine.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!