Let’s face it. Some of the things you have to do to lose weight can be miserable. And when it’s miserable, you either quit, or you get angry thinking about all those annoying people that can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound.
BUT- what if the things you had to do to lose weight, you actually ENJOYED doing? It can literally change the game. Instead of anticipating a lifetime of eating stale rice cakes in between tears, find the parts of healthy living that is really going to energize, inspire, and bring you joy, and then you can continue those habits long past the time you reach your goals.
Healthy weight loss habits that you might be able to ENJOY
- Tracking and measuring food. I thought I hated this, but it turns out, I kind of like the gamification of it. It can sometimes be like a scientific experiment so I can see EXACTLY what nutrients I’m getting and how I feel after eating them. Tracking food doesn’t have to be horrible with all the SUPER easy tech tools we have today, like MyFitness pal, and food scales that tell you everything!
- Exercise that you love! Ask most health professionals what the best exercise for weight loss is, and if they are smart, they’ll say, “The best exercise is the one you will do!” So wise. So, even if you aren’t doing activity with intensity, consistency wins every time.
- Cooking healthy food. If you love preparing food anyway, have fun with the BILLIONS of healthy recipes online. Follow some new accounts that share healthy recipes, and commit to trying new ones.
- Get adequate sleep. Now you have an excuse to sleep longer. Adequate rest helps you lose weight!
- Enjoy small portions of treats. Instead of swearing off sugar or salt, build into your program a treat, a cheat day, or a cheat meal. It can be something you look forward to on your journey each day. This practice in control and indulgence can help you stay on the path for much longer than if you decide never to eat the things you love again.