Cooking the Parmesan cheese on the outside of this cheese omelette gives these omelettes a crispy, buttery, delicious flavor! Only 206 calories in this delicious breakfast.
In the past, many health nuts avoided eggs because they contained dietary cholesterol. It was believed that dietary cholesterol increased blood cholesterol, and therefore led to higher incidences of cardiovascular disease.
However, more recent studies, like these peer reviewed studies (The Impact of Egg Nutrient Composition and Its Consumption on Cholesterol Homeostasis and Egg and Egg-Derived Foods: Effects on Human Health and Use as Functional Foods) show that consumption of eggs may not increase cardiovascular risk. In fact, it may even be protective.
So, bring eggs back into your life with this Omelette! The total calories for this omelette is actually 412, which is why it’s meant to be shared! You can absolutely cut the ingredients in half, but for my pan, the full amount worked great.
How do you make the omelette with cheese on the outside?Jump to Video
To make an omelette with the cheese on the outside, you first cook the cheese at the bottom of the pan, before you pour the eggs on top.
The best cheese for this is Parmesan cheese. Because it’s harder than cheddar, it bakes up nicely on the skillet, without melting to your pan.
Get a REALLY good non-stick pan. I’m using the Gotham pan you can find at Costco very inexpensively. They don’t last forever though. As soon as the pan burns on the bottom, the non-stick feature just isn’t as good. But they are cheap enough you can replace them more often.
Spray the bottom of your pan with cooking spray, and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the pan. (I do have a quick video in the recipe card that shows how to do this!)
Then, once the parmesan cheese is nice and crispy, pour your eggs and milk over the top and let it start to cook. Put a cover on the pan to help it cook in the middle.
Once the eggs are almost cooked all the way through, flip it to cook the other side.
Add any seasonings you want during the process. I add a variety of seasonings, like salt, ranch seasoning, pepper seasonings, etc.
If you want more healthy egg recipes, grab them here!
Healthy Inside out Parmesan Cheese Omelette
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 spray butter flavored cooking spray
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and sprinkle 1 ounce of cheese across the bottom.
- While the cheese is getting hot, whisk 4 eggs and 2 tablespoons milk together in a bowl.
- After parmesan cheese begins to sizzle and start to brown, pour eggs over parmesan cheese. Let the eggs cook until it starts to brown around the edges. You may want to cover it to get it cooking evenly.
- Once the bottom is cooked, flip the entire omelet to the back to finish cooking.
- Slide omelet onto a plate and fold in half. Cut the omelet in two's and share!