With only 78 calories for a large boiled egg, this egg salad sandwich is a winner. A few simple swaps changed this indulgent egg salad sandwich, into a healthy egg salad sandwich!
Eggs are a great low calorie, high protein food! A large boiled egg contains 78 calories and 6 grams of protein. Egg whites without the yolk are only 17 calories, and almost 4 grams of protein. So much of the protein comes from the egg whites, with the least amount of calories! For more All egg nutrition calories and macros, click here!
To get my full printable list of calories in all proteins, click here!)
If you love egg salad, you’ll love this healthy version. I got the basics of this recipe from the Body for Life Cookbook, but made a few changes to make it my own!
To make this healthy egg salad sandwich healthier, I used:
- Fat free mayo
- I used LOW CALORIE/ LOW CARB bread, Dave’s Killer bread, Powerseed, thin cut. (70 calories)
- I used one slice of bread, making it an open faced sandwich, rather than two slices of bread.
- I weighed my avocado so it didn’t add too many calories, but added HUGE flavor!
- I added extra veggies! Peppers, celery, and lettuce!
- I only used one whole egg, but an extra egg white.
- I made it for one serving, for easier portion control!
The full healthy egg salad recipe is below!
Healthy Low Calorie Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1 slice Dave's Killer Bread, Powerseed thin cut (60 calorie per slice)
- 1 medium hard boiled egg
- 1 medium Hard boiled egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat free mayo
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 medium Red pepper chopped
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 15 grams avocado (2 slices)
- Take two hard boiled eggs and use one whole egg and the egg white of the second. Chop the eggs. Chop the parsely, celery, and red pepper.
- Combine eggs and veggies with 1 tablespoon fat free mayo.
- Top on a lettuce leaf, and Dave's Killer bread, 60 calorie thin sliced.
This sandwich fits with a low carb, high protein diet with 194 calories, 15 grams of protein, and 13 grams of carbs! SO GOOD!