Green Cottage Cheese Jello Salad
This green cottage cheese salad makes a delicious sweet side dish for any meal, especially a holiday meal!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this green cottage cheese salad (per bowl) are 71 calories, 9 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs, and only 1 gram of fat.
What a DELICIOUS side dish this would make for Easter, St. Patrick’s day or even as a side for Thanksgiving or CHRISTMAS! The color is just so festive.
I published last year this high protein PINK salad! It’s the same idea, except I used sugar free strawberry Jello powder, and strawberries.
Other ways to eat Cottage Cheese
What I love about this, is any flavor mix would work. I’ve thought about a lot of tasty foods I could stir into cottage cheese. Those would be:
- sugar free chocolate pudding mix (topped with strawberries! OH MY!!)
- Sugar free lemon pudding mix
- Sugar free lime Jell-O mix.
- Sugar free raspberry Jell-O mix.
- fresh fruit like berries!
- Canned fruit like peaches.
- Bananas and Walden farms caramel dip!
- Peanut butter powder with zero calorie maple syrup
- and of course, use cottage cheese in recipes like this low calorie pancake recipe or strawberry cottage cheese pancakes!
How to make Green Cottage Cheese Salad
For this cottage cheese salad, I included
- fat free cottage cheese. At 80 calories per half cup, there is 14 grams of protein, and only 5 grams carb- plus zero fat! This makes a delicious, high protein, low calorie base for the salad.
- Sugar free pistachio pudding mix. This added 50 calories, because I used 2 tablespoons, but you don’t have to use that much. I just really wanted a rich green color.
- Sugar free cool whip- check out my calories and macros on the different varieties of cool whip here. You can swap out light cool whip, or even fat free because they are all PRETTY close in calories.
- Nonfat plain greek yogurt. I used a half a cup because it stretched the salad a bit and made it go further, without adding too many calories.
- I did crush some extra pistachio’s on top to make it look pretty, but it’s not necessary.
What to eat with cottage cheese salad
Even though this salad is mainly protein, that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t go perfectly with your dinner, where you are having another source of protein. I think this salad makes such a fun holiday meal.
So, if you are going to eat this green salad for Easter, St. Patrick’s day, or Christmas, I would eat it with:
- Brown Sugar, Spiral sliced ham
- Baked potatoes
- Fruit salad
- and a green salad!
Of course, if you just want this for lunch, or an afternoon snack, add the other food groups to make this a complete meal. You already have the protein, so eat with fruit and toast to make it a balanced meal.
Can you make cottage cheese salad ahead of time
HECK YES!! In fact, I think it get’s better with age. It’s so yummy after sitting in the fridge for a few hours.
So, if you are making this for a holiday meal, prep it in the morning, and keep it in the fridge till dinner. You’ll have it out of the way and it’s going to still taste great!
Green Cottage Cheese Salad
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar free pistachio pudding
- 6 tablespoons sugar free cool whip divided
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Combine cottage cheese with sugar free pudding mix, 4 tablespoons of cool whip, and Greek yogurt.
- Divide among four bowls and top with remaining cool whip.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
My favorite is sugar free pistachio pudding mix
LG can of crushed pineapple
24 of low fat cottage cheese
Mix and refrigerate, serve cold.
Optional: May top with pecan pieces
My family has been making the is recipe for many, many years. Although it’s called Watergate salad we’ve always called it green slime lol. It’s a great summer dish to bring to a BBQ
I’ve never heard that name before, but YES! Perfect for a BBQ!
Such an easy, quick, and delicious recipe. I am so excited to make this for everyone!
we will be making this again its a great side dish and so quick to prepare.
This was a great low cal snack!
YUM! This green cottage cheese salad is one of my favorite side dishes!:) Thanks!:)