These classically delicious meringue cookies, made with egg whites, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar, have only 35 calories per cookie!
These delicious meringue cookies really hit the spot when you want something sweet, without overeating or ruining your weight loss goals.
With only 35 calories each, they are the perfect indulgen. I’m always looking for some low calorie cookies to indulge my sweet tooth. See my top low calorie cookie list here!
Not only is the cookie great by itself, but I also like to top the meringue cookies with Greek yogurt and fruit for extra flavor.
What I’ve learned in making meringue.
- – be patient. I’ve been known to use a handheld mixer and mixed for almost 30 minutes! You’ve got to keep it going until stiff peaks form.
- Do not use egg whites from a carton- they rarely get stiff.
- – Use a small bowl. A big bowl makes the mixing take longer.
- – Use egg whites at room temperature.
- – Make sure the bowl you are using has no soap residue or water in it.
- – Don’t over cook. They will turn brown quickly and you can’t go back from that.
- – Let the 60 minutes to dry out in a hot oven happen. The cookies need this time!
Hi! I’m Amy, creator and owner of Heath Beet. I share low calorie recipes and portion control hacks to get you eating healthier, feel lighter, and satisfied with less food, to make weight loss finally possible! (Read all about me and my health journey here!)