Whether it’s someone’s birthday, or you just want an indulgent, delicious, but healthy treat, this birthday cake is for you!! This recipe is High protein, low fat, and low sugar!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for 1/4 of the cake is 141 calories, 15 grams of protein, 17 grams of carbs and 0 grams fat.
Light and fluffy, made with egg whites and protein powder, this healthy birthday cake recipe doesn’t have to be saved for a special occasion. In fact, I would make it for dessert any day of the week!
How to make high protein birthday cake
I’ve made this cake several times and swapped out a few ingredients here and there.
I first made a yellow cake, and used cake batter flavoring, which not only tasted good, but also turned the cake very yellow.
I also tried it with birthday cake protein powder, and vanilla protein powder. I honestly thought they tasted exactly the same! So, no need to buy a special flavor of protein powder. Just use the vanilla powder (optimum nutrition is the one I used).
I also made the frosting a few times. The first time I tried a new flavor extract I found called, “cream cheese flavor”. I mixed this into my plain greek yogurt and sugar free pudding mix. NOT GOOD!! Seriously, don’t try that at home.
So, my final recipe included
- Vanilla extract (not cake batter extract), and the clear vanilla if you want a really white cake.
- Vanilla protein powder (not birthday cake protein powder, because it didn’t change the flavor at all!
- Egg whites, beaten till fluffy!! This is key to getting the fluffy, delicious cake.
- Self rising flour! I’ve been using this a lot, and you don’t have to add anything extra like baking powder to get a rise out of the cake.
- Monk, zero calorie sugar. I only used 1/4 cup, and honestly, I felt like that was all it needed. However, it’s not too sweet, so if you want to add more, it’s up to you.
- The frosting was simply my FAVORITE greek yogurt plus sugar free pudding mix combined. (see that post here… I literally eat it every day!)
One last message about the layers- I made the full recipe, and it made two layers of cake in a 6 inch cake pan. You can also make a single layer if you have a large round cake pan, and not the mini ones.
If you like this birthday cake flavor healthy treats, try:
Easy Low Sugar High Protein Birthday Cake
- 4 medium egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 cup monk sugar (or zero calorie sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract clear if you want a white cake
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar free pudding mix vanilla, white chocolate, or cheesecake
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Mix egg whites with cream of tarter, vanilla, and zero calorie sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine flour and protein powder, and fold it into egg whites.
- Spray 2, six inch cake pans with cooking spray. Divide cake batter between the two pans. If you don't use frosting, add sprinkles to the top of the cakes before cooking.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Make frosting by combining greek yogurt with sugar free pudding mix.
- If making layers, cut bottom layer cake so the top is flat. Spread with half the frosting yogurt mix. Lay second layer on top, and spread remainder of the yogurt.
- Top with sprinkles.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!