Simple No-Bake Oreo Protein Balls Recipe with Oats
These no-bake oreo protein cookies and cream balls have chunky peanut butter, oats, cookies and cream protein powder, and rolled in real Oreo cookie thins!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros per Oreo protein ball is 172 calories, 6 grams protein, 18 grams carbs, and 9 grams of healthy fats.
A brief history of protein powder
Protein balls, made with protein powder, are somewhat of a new snack. In fact, protein powder didn’t even exist before the 1950’s (source). According to the article, “the first protein powder marketed to weightlifters, containing soy beans, wheat germ and sea kelp.”
Since that first protein powder made with soy beans and sea kelp, it’s gotten a lot more palatable. Made with whey or casein in my personal experience, the protein powder of today is much more enjoyable!
Recipes like this one for Oreo protein balls were born out of a desire for protein packed recipes beyond just drinking protein shakes.
Now, only a few short decades later, protein powder and protein powder recipes make up an 18 billion dollar industry.
How to make protein balls
After realizing you could get a whopping 20+ grams of protein from protein powder, without having to drink it, I was hooked on protein powder recipes. Eating my calories, rather than drinking them is so much more satiating!
So, combining a nut butter, oats, and protien powder, you can basically make any type of no-bake protein ball.
Protein ball recipes I’ve made so far:
- Chocolate chip protein balls
- Peanut butter protein balls
- Strawberry protein balls
- cake batter protein balls
- and edible cookie dough (balls or bowl)
So, while I’d love to get all my protein for the day in a protein ball, because they are so tasty, the nut butter does add quite a few calories. Practicing portion control is very important, and definitely the hardest part of this delicious no-bake recipe.
So, give these Oreo protein balls a try, and let me know what you think!
No-bake Oreo Protein Balls with oats
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 scoop CSE Cookies and cream protein powder Clean simple eats coupon code: AMYROSKELLEY
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Oreo cookie thins
- Add all ingredients except for the cookies in a bowl and mix until well combined
- Crush oreos in a seperate bowl
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls. Roll each ball in the Oreo crumbs. pressing it onto the outside.
- Store i fridge until ready to eat.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
how long is the shelf life?
I wouldn’t keep them more than 2-3 days