Overnight oats never tasted so much like dessert before! These s’mores overnight oats have the delicious flavors of classic s’mores with zero calorie marshmallow, sugar free chocolate, and crushed graham crackers! Try it today.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this bowl of overnight oats are 237 calories, 12 grams of protein, 37 grams of carbs, and 6 grams of fat.
I recently came up with a list of 30 different ways to make oatmeal because I eat oatmeal almost every day.
I’ve also noticed that the grocery store has exploded with a variety of different flavored oatmeal. In fact, I recently bought two new boxes: Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch! They were, in fact, delicious!!
So, I’ve been experimenting with skinny mixes to add to oatmeal, and they do NOT disappoint! Everything from cookie dough, to cinnamon roll has made it into my morning oatmeal.
All that to say, s’mores has been trying to make it’s way into my oatmeal for some time now. I just never made it happen until I found Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips (I used some in this baked oatmeal) and the Walden farms zero calorie marshmallow dip (which I used on these gluten free sweet potato waffles) . Suddenly, it all made sense to make some S’mores oatmeal!
How to Make Overnight Oats
Classic overnight oats has you combine a liquid with dry oatmeal. While I love the way this tastes, it doesn’t result in a big voluminous bowl of oats unless you use a lot of dry oats. Which means, the calories are going to be more than I want in oatmeal.
So, instead, I’ve been partially cooking the oatmeal, and then putting it in the fridge overnight. I use portions of 1/3 cup oats (because I like to keep the oats at 100 calories in order to add my toppings), and 1 cup of water.
I cook the oatmeal in the microwave for 1-3 minutes, and then put it in the fridge.
The next morning, after it’s had 12 hours to absorb, I added:
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt (for the creaminess and the protein) This is where most of the 12 grams of protein come from.
- Then, I stirred in Walden Farms Marshmallow dip. Walden Farms does make some pretty nasty products, but the dips are amazing- in my opinion. I particularly like the maple syrup, the marshmallow dip, and the caramel dip
- Next, sprinkle Lily’s chocolate chips on top. While these aren’t zero calories, they are at least half the calories of regular chocolate chips. They are also sugar free and super creamy!
- Finally, I top it off with 1 square of crushed graham crackers.
Simple, healthy, and delicious!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Make it a balanced meal!
I had this for breakfast with eggs, low calorie cheese, and veggies! YUM!!
S’mores Protein Overnight Oats
- Precook oats by adding 1 cup of water, and cooking it till almost done in the microwave.
- Set in fridge overnight to finish absorbing liquid.
- In the morning, remove from fridge and stir in yogurt and marshmallow dip.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and crushed graham cracker.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!