Very Low Calorie Chicken & Rice Bowl Recipe
For those times you’ve eaten all your calories for the day, but you still want to eat dinner (or second dinner). My 105 calorie, chicken and rice bowl recipe, made with chicken, cauliflower rice and other veggies has been a life saver.
Why you should try this chicken rice bowl
Once I find myself eating the same meal every day for a few days in a row, I know I need to take pictures and write about it so I can remember it.
That is this meal! For the last few weeks, when I find myself out of calories for the day, but I still feel like eating, I’ve been pulling out a bag of frozen riced cauliflower. Sometimes, I’ll just put it in a bowl, heat it up, and sprinkle butter flavored seasonings and salt. (I also love my low calorie chicken lo-mein here!)
A year ago, I would have never thought I’d be eating riced cauliflower by choice. In fact, I rarely even mixed riced cauliflower with regular rice to cut the calories. I preferred just eating less rice.
But that all changed this year! I not only find myself eating rice cauliflower mixed into regular rice for greater volume, and fewer calories, but recently, I”ve been cutting out the rice part of it all together.
Don’t misunderstand. I love real rice, and I’m a huge fan of carbs, but this is about the calories that I’m saving, if I need to.
I’ve been able to get creative and make the riced cauliflower taste delicious. Because let’s be honest, cauliflower takes on the flavor of whatever you are mixing in with it. So, I’ve mixed in things like salt, pepper, fat free sour cream, light mayo, mustard, ranch seasoning, butter flavored sprays, ranch dressing, or just plain. My favorite right now is light mayo and salt. It might sound weird, but it’s SO GOOD!
For this low calorie chicken rice bowl dinner, I used the following frozen products:
- Frozen chicken tenderloin
- Frozen California blend veggies.
- Riced cauliflower (If you buy this at Costco, they have a large bag, with several mini bags inside! I LOVE IT!)
Also, check out my 17 Low calorie chicken dinner ideas here!
So, give this chicken and rice bowl a try and let me know what you think!
Very Low Calorie Chicken and Rice Bowl
- 2 ounces chicken tenderloins
- 85 grams Riced cauliflower (3/4 cup)
- 95 grams California style vegetables (approximately 1 cup)
- 30 grams mushrooms
- 1 small cherry tomato
- Cook one chicken tenderloin in a skillet, on a grill, or in the oven. (I used a George Foreman mini grill and it only took about 5 minutes)
- While chicken is cooking, sauté mushrooms over a hot skillet, with cooking spray. Once mushrooms are almost done, add 1 cup of frozen veggies, like the California blend (containing carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower).
- Heat riced cauliflower in microwave, for about 2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out any extra liquid. Blot with a paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and eat.
- I've used different seasonings for this meal. Not all at the same time, but I flip around using salt, pepper, fat free sour cream, light mayo, mustard, ranch seasoning, butter flavored sprays, ranch dressing, or just plain.
Save or pin this for later!
I love making an easy but delicious and healthy meal for everyone. I’ll be saving this and will make this at home 🥰
Best dinner ever! So satiating!!
This is a great meal idea – filling and tasty!