Soups can be incredibly healthy, or incredibly high in calories and fat. If you are counting calories, I found the top 17 low calorie soups that will have you licking the bowl.
Soup can be great for any weight loss goals or healthier eating. Generally, soups are packed with low calorie vegetables, lean meats, and a lot of herbs and spices.
I also love that soups are made for meal prepping! You can make a soup ahead of time and freeze it. You can also make a large batch once, and eat from it all week.
However, in searching for low calorie soups online, I found it frustrating. Nothing makes me more annoyed than finding a soup recipe that claims to be “low calorie”, but they don’t post the calories.
I also get frustrated with it’s labeled as low calorie, but it actually isn’t!
But, I was able to find a great recipe for each type of soup you might like. A few of these recipes I found below, I ran through the MyFitnessPal recipe scraper to get the calories just so I would have that.
And some of the soup recipes, I actually slashed the calories in half because they were reporting calories for 2 cups, but I was interested in 1 cup measurements.
To gather the soup recipes below, I tried to select 17 different types of soups. Vegetable soup, a broth soup, a bean soup, etc. Hopefully I hit all your favorites.
Either way, grab your favorite low calorie bread, and let me know which low calorie soup recipes you’re going to try first!
The best low calorie soup list
- Low calorie Tomato soup at 107 calories: I started with this one because it’s mine and I’ve been loving it! My caveat here though is to get the low sodium can of tomatoes, otherwise, your sodium consumption for the day is going to be through the roof!
- Vegetable Soup at 70 calories. Loaded with vegetables, this soup has mushrooms, green beans, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, cabbage, and broccoli!
- Classic Cabbage soup at 88 calories. Made with cabbage, carrots, celery, and onion, this cabbage soup only has 88 calories!
- Black Bean Soup at 89 calories YUM! Make this to serve next time you have tacos. With only 89 calories, you can pack some cheese on top and make it super tasty.
- Butternut Squash Soup at 135 calories To find a low calorie squash soup, I needed one without cream. So, If found this one! Instead of cream, broth is used.
- Minestrone Soup at 140 calories (per cup) This is one of those recipes I was talking about when I said, I cut the bloggers calories in half to make it per cup, rather than per 2 cups. But, I love a good Minestrone soup! Zucchini, summer squash, cannellini beans, tomatoes, and a little pesto!
- Japanese Onion Soup at 24 calories. With mostly broth, onions, and celery, it’s no wonder this soup is so low in calories! 24! What the???
- Cauliflower Soup at 124 calories. I almost didn’t try this one because it is “creamy”, but then we’d miss out on this!! This soup is made creamy from blending the veggies, keeping it also, low in calories. YUM!
- Split Pea at 142 calories. What’s your true thoughts on split pea soup? Hate it or love it? If you once hated it, you might love it now after trying this one!
- Potato Cheese Soup at 140 calorie. Here’s another one of my soups! This has been a classic in my family for decades and a recurring recipe in my rotation. You MUST try this one!
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili at 160 calories for 1 cup. This is another one that I cut in half to get 160 calories. All the ingredients in this one are low cal. This one has ground turkey meat, salsa, beans, corn, onions, and tomatoes!
- Chicken Noodle Soup at 98 calories. Hungry Girl to the rescue with this healthy chicken noodle soup! I can always count on Hungry Girl to bring the best recipes, with the lowest calories!
- Borsch Soup at 78 calories. If you are on a low calorie diet and haven’t tried Borsch soup yet, you are missing out! Made with Beets, it’s so filling and almost always under 100 calories!
- Miso Soup at 63 calories (and 5 g protein!) Classic miso soup is low in calories and is generally broth and tofu. I love the tofu to bring up the protein!
- French Onion Soup at 111 calories. With cheese and bread, it’s hard to find a low calorie French Onion Soup, but this one works, and you can make it in your slow cooker!
- Lentil Soup at 193 calories. This soup is made with lentils, onions, carrots, celery, and lots of herbs and spices!
- Cold Cucumber Soup at 49 calories. I thought I’d throw a cold soup in here because summer is close and hot soups aren’t going to be what you want for dinner!
So, there they are. 17 of the best, tastiest, healthy, low calorie soups for your next dinner!
READ NEXT –> 19 Ideas to Use Shredded Chicken!
Pin and save for later!