Using egg whites like a tortilla, this layered egg white breakfast can be filled with anything! I used low calorie cheese, bell peppers, mushrooms, and avocados!Jump to Recipe
The total calories and macros for this egg white breakfast is 226 calories, 18 g protein, 15 g carbs (all from veggies), and 12 grams of heart healthy fats!
You all know I eat egg whites almost daily. It’s the perfect low calorie, high protein food. Plus, there are so many different ways I’ve found to prepare them, including this layered egg white and veggie idea!
This idea came to me when I wanted to make a low-carb, gluten free version of the TikTok Tortilla hack. I wanted to make the same type of meal, but with egg whites only.
To make this folded egg white, simply pour 1/2 cup of egg whites into a well greased skillet. Get the egg whites all the way to the edge. If your skillet is non-stick, this will be so much easier.
Once the bottom is cooked, I flip the egg white to cook the reverse side. It can act like a tortilla now, with both sides cooked.
From here, fill your toppings into 3 of the four quarters of your circle. I have been using the Sargento thin sliced cheese for EVERYTHING! It’s regular cheese, but sliced thin enough that it’s half the calories! Usually 45 or 50 calories, depending on which type of cheese you get.
I also sliced some avocado, and precooked some peppers and mushrooms.
Then, fold each quarter over the next, keeping in the fillings. I made a video and put it in the recipe card below for an example! CHECK IT OUT!!
Layered Egg White Breakfast
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 slice Thin sliced 45 calorie cheese Sargento
- 50 grams bell peppers
- 20 grams mushrooms
- 30 grams avocado
- Chop peppers and mushrooms. Cook them in a skillet with cooking spray until they begin to get soft (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from pan
- Pour egg whites into a well greased skillet. Let the egg whites fill the skillet and cook throughout the bottom. Flip to cook on the reverse side.
- Add cheese to one quarter of the egg whites, your veggies to one quarter, and the avocado to one quarter.
- Cut the egg whites from one edge the center. Fold each quarter over onto itself.
- Slide out of pan and eat!
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!