When you are in the mood for cookie dough, but want to stick to your weight loss goals, you’ve got to try this caramel oatmeal protein cookie dough!Jump to Recipe
This protein cookie dough has 51 calories, 4 grams protein, 5 grams carbs, and 2 grams of fat per tablespoon!
It’s probably a miracle I don’t gain more weight during recipe testing. I will often make a recipe ten times or more before I share it. And each time, I have to taste it! Even with healthy recipes, the calories add up. (see my weight loss through calorie counting success story here!)
That’s what happened with this protein cookie dough! I tried so hard to make it without nut butter or any fats, to keep the calories down. While the final flavor was always yummy to me, the protein made the texture kind of plasticky and tacky.
It wasn’t till I finally caved and used cashew butter that I was excited about the result.
So, cashew butter it was! But, I kept it to one tablespoon.
Check out my FAVORITE protein cookie dough here where I used light butter for the fat, instead of nut butter.
How to make caramel oatmeal cookie dough
So, to make this delicious caramel oatmeal flavored protein cookie dough, I used:
- Vanilla protein powder. You can use a caramel flavored protein powder too, but I did want to try to get the caramel flavor without it. My favorite vanilla is here, and my favorite caramel is here.
- Cashew butter– I chose cashew butter because the flavor is so mild, and goes well with caramel! You could also use light butter in place of the cashew butter, if you want to save even more calories.
- Caramel flavor! I found this at Walmart, and I have been using it in my morning oatmeal! LOVE IT!
- One egg white– I used one egg white, but to be safe, you should use pasteurized egg whites, 3 tablespoons!
- Oats. I used 1/2 cup oats, which keeps the wheat out if you are gluten free.
- Werther’s sugar free candies– crushed and added at the end. YUM!!
- And salt, because I love “salted caramel” anything!!
Once you’ve mixed it up, portion it into 1 tablespoon portions, and you should have 8 servings. This makes each cookie dough ball 51 calories, and 4 grams of protein.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Caramel Oatmeal Protein Cookie Dough
- Mix ingredients altogether.
- Divide by tablespoon. You should get 8 tablespoons.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!