This healthy copycat recipe to the popular Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pie is so much healthier for you! With only 5 whole food ingredients and gluten free, you could eat this banana oatmeal creme pie for breakfast!Jump to Recipe
The total calories for this oatmeal creme pie cookie is 116 calories, 22 grams carbs, 5 grams protein, and 2 grams of fat.
If you are familiar with the snack cakes by the brand, Little Debbie’s, The Oatmeal Creme Pie might be one of their most popular treat. Each Oatmeal Creme Pie has 170 calories, 26 g carbs, 1 gram protein, and 7 grams of fat.
So, I decided to try to make a low calorie, whole foods version of the Oatmeal creme pie.
I’ve been making two ingredient cookies for awhile. You, the kind that you just mash banana into dry oats and then bake it. I actually really like these! And since I eat a banana and oatmeal almost every morning (with my eggs) for breakfast, it’s not too big of a stretch to put them together and eat a “cookie” instead. (for more of what I eat every day, check out this meal plan here)
How to make healthier Oatmeal Creme Pie
To make this sandwich cookie (or Pie as Little Debbie calls it). I first baked the cookies, and then made a Greek yogurt creamy filling.
- I started with the basic oat and banana cookie, but I added vanilla to sweeten it up even more. I baked the cookies
- To make the creamy filling, I used my go to Greek yogurt plus sugar free pudding mix! I love this combos so much that I have a whole post on it here. I also used this combo for the frosting on this protein birthday cake.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Skinny Banana Oatmeal Creme Pie
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar free pudding mix
- Mix the cookie ingredients, and divide into four equal balls.
- Flatten on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
- While it's cooking, mix the cream filling.
- Once cookies are done, spread the filling and make a cookie sandwich.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!