With self rising flour and plain Greek yogurt, you can make this recipe for two ingredient bagels! Top with parmesan, everything but the bagel seasoning, or even cinnamon sugar!Jump to Recipe
The calories for each bagel is only 50 calories!! Plus, it has 3 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbs, and zero grams of fat.
I know when you think of homemade bagels, you automatically think it will be hard, take too long, and they might not turn out.
But, I beg you to try this EASY bagel recipe.
We’ve already used the two ingredient combo of Greek yogurt and self-rising flour to make
But, now we get to add some simple bagels to the recipe list that just keeps growing.
How to simplify homemade bagels
Making the dough for these bagels is done by simply combining nonfat plain greek yogurt with self-rising flour. The self rising flour has baking powder and salt already included, which makes baking these a breeze.
Once you combine those two ingredients, you just want to make a bagel shape, any way you’d like. Some people just like to make a ball, and punch a hole through the center. I like to make a rope and pinch it together on either side.
After you have your bagel shape, I like to dunk them in boiling water with baking soda for just 60 seconds. This is optional, but I think it gives bagels that New York chewy bagel taste and texture. (for the best bagels in every state, check out this article on Eat this!)
Once you remove from the water, I use a slotted spoon for this, place the dough of bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bagel Topping ideas
Now add any topping you wish! To keep the calories low, I was very intentional about how much I added to the top of the bagels.
Using butter flavored cooking spray, so toppings would stick without adding calories, I then used:
- A sprinkle of parmesan
- Some everything but the bagel seasoning,
- Some cinnamon mixed with zero calorie sugar
- and even asiago cheese.
After you add the toppings, bake in oven at 350 for 15 minutes, or until bagels begin to brown.
You’ve got to try these! So chewy and delicious!!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Easy 2 Ingredient Bagel Recipe with no yeast
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
In a pot for boiling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups water
- 1 Parmesan cheese
- 1 cinnamon plus sugar (or zero calorie sugar)
- 1 asiago
- 1 everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 poppyseeds
- Mix together until a dough forms . Divide into 10 equal balls (each should be about 30 grams in weight or 1-2 tablespoons of dough).
- In a small pot, boil 6 cups of water and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Form a rope with the balls of dough, and wrap it around your finger to create bagel rings. Using a slotted spoon, drop bagel into boiling water for 60 seconds.
- Remove from water and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Now add any topping you wish! Spray with butter flavored cooking spray and then sprinkle with parmesan, bagel seasoning, or cinnamon sugar (with zero calorie sugar).
- Bake in oven at 350 for 15 minutes, or until bagels begin to brown.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Weight Loss Resources and Guides
Healthy Recipes You Might Like
Word cloud. Bagel, recipe, easy, no yeast, two ingredient, Greek yogurt, self rising flour, cinnamon, homemade, best, everything, healthy, asiago, 2 ingredient bagel recipe, dough, Greek yogurt