These low calorie cookies couldn’t be easier! Using peanut butter protein fluff for the center, and 10 calorie chocolate cookies, you can enjoy this low calorie peanut butter chocolate cookie and still reach your weight loss goals.
I didn’t embark on creating these low calorie cookies as a chocolate cookie sandwich. In fact, all I was trying to do was make some peanut butter fluff! Just like my strawberry protein fluff, and pumpkin protein pudding, I wanted a peanut butter version.
I was going to top the peanut butter protein fluff with some crumbled up chocolate cookies, or place a chocolate graham cracker under the fluff, or sprinkle with chocolate chips. But when I was at the store to get supplies, I noticed these Murray brand Sugar Free Brownie thins for 10 calories PER COOKIE! (Walmart link to the cookies here)
BINGO! Once I found those, I knew this recipe was going to change from protein peanut butter fluff to a low calorie, high protein peanut butter and chocolate cookie.
How to make the low calorie cookie sandwich!
- Step 1 is to make your creamy protein fluff peanut butter center. Using protein powder, xantham gum, almond milk, peanut butter powder, and sugar free pudding mix, blend in a food processor.
I have a small food processor, and it works great. There is not enough liquid or ingredients for a blender to really get the job done. The trick is, to process everything long enough to create fluff. This takes me at least 5 minutes!
- Step 2 is to find those 10 calorie cookies. If you can’t find the cookies, than your cookies won’t be 35 calories. But you could still eat the protein fluff, which tastes great alone anyway!
I found these low calorie cookies on the top shelf at my local Associated foods. If you don’t have an associated foods, an online search showed Kroger foods also has them.
- Step 3 is to scoop the creamy protein center, onto the low cal cookie thins. Once you make the sandwiches, put them in the freezer just long enough for them to get semi-solid. You don’t need it frozen. Just firm enough to handle.
- Step 4 is to eat your low calorie peanut butter chocolate cookies!! The best step of all.
Easy, low calorie, High protein, peanut butter chocolate cookies!
- Make the creamy protein fluff filling by adding protein powder, peanut butter powder, sugar free pudding mix, and xantham gum to a high powered food processor.
- Blend until the ingredients are fluffy. (at least 5 minutes)
- With the sugar free cookies, arrange 20 on a tray. Top with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter cream. Top with a second cookie, and place in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and eat!
*Ingredient links for Amazon are affiliate links. If you purchase through the link, I will get a small commission
PIN TO YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY DESSERT BOARDS!