Replace zoodles for noodles and save 183 calories per serving!
Yesterday I went to our local NBC studio to talk about Zoodles! Zoodles (or spiralized zucchini) is a great substitute for regular noodles! I like to use them because I can spend more calories on the yummier things like butter, cheese, sauces, and meat! (Watch my segment here)
3 Reasons to add zoodles to your summer:
- Zoodles are low in calories (200 calories vs. 17 calories) I love this because you can add more delicious food on top for the calories, without compromising satiety or taste.
- Zoodles are high in nutrients compared to pasta noodles. One zucchini is a great source of vitamin B, vitamin C and fiber!
- Most zucchini right now you can get for free from your garden! It’s not too late to plant some, or just let your neighbors know you want some! In Utah, these grow like wild weeds and everyone has extra each summer.
3 tips for making zoodles
- Center the zucchini to avoid half-moon pieces. You want long strands of noodles, not short ones.
- Start with dry zoodles. Keep the zoodles dry with a paper towel or by sprinkling some salt over the top.
- Quick saute in pan with very small amount of water. Don’t overcook! You want the zoodles t0 slightly wilt and get heated throughout.
THE BEST 3 WAYS TO EAT THEM:
- Chicken alfredo Pasta (rotisserie chicken and jarred alfredo sauce)
- Parmesan- butter Pasta (Melt the butter, and add shredded parmesan)
- Tomato-Pesto-Mozzarella (Slices of a mozzarella stick, pesto, and grape tomatoes!)
No spiralizer? You can now buy pre-spiralized zucchini in the frozen vegetable section or the produce dept . The spiralizer I use in the segment is the OXO brand spiralizer. I really love it!
Zoodles with Pesto, Tomato, and Cheese
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 spoonful pesto
- 1 ounce mozzarella stick
- 3 small grape tomatoes
- Spiralize zucchini.
- Add zoodles to a hot skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook in skillet for 4-5 minutes, or until zucchini is soft and hot.
- Top with pesto, mozzarella and sliced tomatoes. Heat through for 1-2 more minutes.
- Crumbl Cookies Calories, Macros, and WW points (Sept 26-Oct 1)
- Beef Chuck Roast and Potato Dinner for a Crowd
- Root Beer Float Protein Shake Recipe
- 16 Sunday Dinner Ideas for Feeding a Crowd
- 15 Podcasts for Bikini Competitors to Stay Motivated
Hi! I’m Amy, creator and owner of Heath Beet. I share low calorie recipes and portion control hacks to get you eating healthier, feel lighter, and satisfied with less food, to make weight loss finally possible! (Read all about me and my health journey here!)