Looking for a low carb, low calorie breakfast? Sometimes I just need switch up the way I cook my eggs, which is why I love TASTY CLOUD EGGS!Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this egg breakfast without the toppings is only 70 calories, 5 grams protein, 1 gram carb, 5 grams fat, and 0 weight watchers points!
About a year ago, I created a post called, “The Easiest Low Calorie Meal Plan for Weight Loss“. In it, I posted 30 days of ideas for each meal. Except, they were just ideas. I didn’t really have a “recipe” for everything on the list.
As a result, I get emailed from time to time from readers looking to find the recipes for the 30 days of meals. Which is why this Tasty Egg Cloud had to become an official recipe, despite it really only being one ingredient! haha!
70 calorie Tasty Egg Cloud Recipe!
What a great breakfast this was! These are whipped egg whites that are baked with a yolk on top. I also added some chopped ham, Parmesan, and cooked mushrooms, and it was so tasty!
It might seem complicated, but once you do it the first time, it’s super easy.
I did eat this on toast, but you don’t have to if you just need 70 calories and 5 grams of delicious protein!
To make tasty egg clouds:
I didn’t just make one egg cloud. I whipped up 6 egg whites because it seemed easier to whip when there is more in the bowl and it actually made 12 “clouds”. But since I only had 6 yolks, I just cooked and ate the rest of the clouds with the egg white only!! Such a QUICK and EASY “protein on the go” idea!
You can use a variety of toppings, but for the egg cloud in this photo, I used
- ✔️6 egg whites
- ✔️6 egg yolks
- ✔️1/2 slice of ham, chopped
- ✔️3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ✔️3 tablespoons chopped and
- ✔️sautéed mushrooms (I Sautee in cooking spray)
I whipped the egg whites till stiff peaks formed. This is almost impossible with liquid egg whites! The kind in the carton takes me 15-20 minutes to get stiff peaks, but fresh eggs only 3 minutes! Use fresh eggs for this, because you need the yolks anyway.
Then, I spooned the stiff egg whites onto a baking sheet into circles, with a nest in the center for the yolk.
Then, add your toppings! I sprinkled chopped ham, cheese, and chopped mushrooms on top of clouds (or fold the toppings into the whites before scooping).
Then, I sprinkled with salt and baked them at 450, just for about 3-4 minutes.
I took the egg whites out of the oven, and added a yolk to the top of the cloud and sprinkled with a little more salt. And I returned them to the oven and cooked for about 5-6 more minutes.
Easy enough?? Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Tasty Egg Clouds
- 6 medium eggs separated
- 1/2 slice ham chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1 shake salt
- Whip egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet into circles, with a nest in the center for the yolk..
- Sprinkle the ham, cheese, and mushrooms on top of clouds (or fold into the whites before scooping).
- Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 450 for about 3-4 minutes
- Add yolk to top of cloud and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Return to oven and cook for about 5-6 more minutes.
- Nutrition info is for egg cloud only, without toppings.
- Weight watchers personal points, 0!!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Weight Loss Helps & Guides
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!