High protein caramel banana cream cheesecake is made with 5, low calorie layers! It has protein cheesecake, sugar free pudding, whipped cream, bananas, and zero calorie caramel dip.Jump to Recipe
For 1/4 th of the cheesecake, you would get 168 calories, 11 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fat.
Why I love protein caramel banana cream cheesecake
If anyone has tried the Banana Cream Cheesecake from the Dodo in Salt Lake, you will KNOW why I wanted to recreate a healthy version! It’s literally TO DIE FOR.
Basically, a cheesecake layer, followed by bananas, then a custard/pudding layer, then whipped cream. and topped with hot caramel! OH MY GOODNESS!!
So, for my copycat healthy caramel banana cream cheesecake, I used my protein cheesecake recipe, sugar free pudding, bananas, whipped cream and Walden Farms caramel dip. The perfect dessert for helping me keep the weight off! (read my weight loss story here)
THIS RECIPE IS A MUST TRY!!
Layer 1: Protein cheesecake layer
This protein cheesecake is the same recipe I used for this chocolate chip cheesecake, minus the chocolate chips. I like to make it with a layer of graham cracker crumbs first. Then the cheesecake layer is actually a healthy mix of fat free cottage cheese, egg whites, and light cream cheese.
Layer 2: Sliced bananas
This layer is simply sliced bananas to give “banana cream cheesecake” it’s delicious, fresh flavor.
Layer 3: The sugar free pudding layer
This layer gives “cream” to the banana cream. Using skim milk to make pudding from a sugar free pudding mix can sometimes be a problem. Skim milk usually fails to get thick the way 2% or whole milk does. However, I found it gets just as thick, when you reduce the amount of milk. So, for one full package of pudding mix, instead of 2 cups of milk, I use 1 1/2 cups skim milk.
Layer 4: The whipped cream layer
You can make whipped cream for this, but I just used a regular can of whipped cream.
Layer 5: The caramel layer
I love the Walden Farms zero calorie caramel dip. This is NOT the Walden Farms caramel syrup! Don’t mistake the two. The caramel syrup is nasty. The caramel dip is perfect!
And that’s it! Get the full recipe below!!
Protein Caramel Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 6 inch round cake pan
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon monk sugar (or zero calorie sugar)
- 4 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 package sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 8 tablespoons whipped cream
- 4 tablespoons Walden Farms caramel Dip
- 1 medium banana
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into bottom of a 6 inch round cake pan.
- Blend cottage cheese, vanilla, zero calorie sugar, cream cheese, and egg whites with a mixer. Top crust with the cottage cheese mixture into cake pan.Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Chill in fridge for several hours, or until cold.
- Mix pudding with 1 1/2 cups skim milk (less milk than the box calls for, but makes it thicker without having to use full fat or partial fat milk).
- Top cold cheesecake with a layer of sliced bananas. Layer of pudding. Layer of whipped cream, and drizzle caramel dip over the top of all.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!