🍳Looking for a high protein, low carb breakfast idea? These Air Fryer Egg Bites take less than 10 minutes, have 42 calories, and 5 grams of protein.Jump to Recipe
I rarely use my air fryer for anything except meat and veggies. But, I wanted to change up my morning eggs and make egg cups for breakfast. I also, didn’t want it to take 20 minutes or longer to cook in the oven. So, I made them in the air fryer.
One bite of these eggs, and I was hooked!
Egg bites or egg cups are usually made with eggs, egg whites, veggies, and cheese. So, for the egg muffins I cooked in the air fryer, I used:
- Eggs – Just regular whole eggs in the shell.
- Some Egg whites (the egg whites found in the carton at Costco)
- Spinach leaves, for some extra nutrition.
- Bell peppers, great source of fiber and antioxidants.
- and then some fat free feta cheese. You can use any cheese here, but I really like the fat free feta.
Then, it’s a simple ten minutes in the air fryer. You don’t need a mold to make these egg bites. I used silicone muffin cups. (they are so cheap anyway!)
You can keep these egg cups in the fridge and have one bite at at time! I also have LOVED putting avocado or guacamole on these.
Why Start Your Day With Eggs?
Eating a higher protein diet has been immensely helpful in helping me lose weight, and maintain my weight loss. So, when I can start the day with eggs and egg whites, I know I’m setting up my day for success.
Getting protein in at every meal is my goal, and to be honest, eggs are my favorite breakfast protein. (For a list of other ways I get in the protein, check out this post)
If you like this recipe, you might also like
High Protein Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air fryer
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Almond milk (vanilla unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Heat air fryer to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Add chopped veggies, almond milk and salt.
- Divide egg mixture among 8 silicone muffin cups. Fill each 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Place silicone muffin cups in air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from the cups.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!