🍳Looking for a high protein, low carb breakfast idea? These Air Fryer Egg Bites take less than 10 minutes, have 42 calories, and 5 grams of protein.Jump to Recipe
I rarely use my air fryer for anything except meat and veggies. But, I wanted to change up my morning eggs and make egg cups for breakfast. I also, didn’t want it to take 20 minutes or longer to cook in the oven. So, I made them in the air fryer.
One bite of these eggs, and I was hooked!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
How to Make Air Fryer Egg Bites
Egg bites or egg cups are usually made with eggs, egg whites, veggies, and cheese. So, for the egg muffins I cooked in the air fryer, I used:
- Eggs – Just regular whole eggs in the shell.
- Some Egg whites (the egg whites found in the carton at Costco)
- Spinach leaves, for some extra nutrition.
- Bell peppers, great source of fiber and antioxidants.
- and then some fat free feta cheese. You can use any cheese here, but I really like the fat free feta.
Then, it’s a simple ten minutes in the air fryer. You don’t need a mold to make these egg bites. I used silicone muffin cups. (they are so cheap anyway!)
You can keep these egg cups in the fridge and have one bite at at time! I also have LOVED putting avocado or guacamole on these.
Why Start Your Day With Eggs?
Eating a higher protein diet has been immensely helpful in helping me lose weight, and maintain my weight loss. So, when I can start the day with eggs and egg whites, I know I’m setting up my day for success.
Getting protein in at every meal is my goal, and to be honest, eggs are my favorite breakfast protein. (For a list of other ways I get in the protein, check out this post). If you’re wanting more protein in the morning, definitely give these air fryer egg bites a try!
High Protein Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air fryer
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Almond milk (vanilla unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Heat air fryer to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Add chopped veggies, almond milk and salt.
- Divide egg mixture among 8 silicone muffin cups. Fill each 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Place silicone muffin cups in air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from the cups.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!