Delicious, low carb, gluten free breakfast: The Egg white short stack. It’s a high protein stack of egg whites, layered with avocado, low calorie cheese, and mushrooms.Jump to Recipe
This egg breakfast has 199 calories, 26 g protein, 6 g carbs and 7 g fat.
Since starting on my final (successful) weight loss attempt 18 months ago (see that weight loss story here), egg whites has been central to my mornings! And a typical morning is a FULL cup of egg whites! So many people send me emails after seeing this on my diet meal plan here, assuming I made a typo.
That is no typo! 1 cup of liquid egg whites is 100 calories, and 20 grams of protein, with zero fat and zero carbs. A pure protein source, making it very low in calories. You just can’t beat it! I like to buy liquid egg whites from Costco, because they are so affordable!
I love eating eggs in different ways each day, but I REALLY like when avocado and cheese are involved. I’ve made
- layered egg whites before here,
- and this DIVINE Egg white low calorie sandwich here.
- OH!! And another favorite: This open faced omelette!
- and these egg muffin bites.
So, yeah. You might say I love my eggs, cheese, and avocado!
What are my favorite low calorie cheese options?
I’ve been using different cheese options, depending on which store I’m at. Almost every store I shop at only has ONE of these options. Forcing me to use a different kind each time I shop. My favorites in order are:
- Sargento brand thin sliced cheese, and Ultra thin sliced. These are 40-50 calories per slice!
- Sargento reduced fat cheese (60 calories per slice)
- Great Value Fat Free cheese (45 calories per ounce)
- Feta fat free cheese (30 calories per ounce)
- and Velveeta (if there is nothing else, I’ll get the 45 calorie per slice Velveeta. Check the label because they have a variety of calories on different packages. While Velveeta isn’t the BEST choice, I actually don’t mind it, and it kind of grows on you.
So, there you go! While I would have preferred the Sargento thin sliced cheddar on this stack of egg whites, the Velveeta was pretty good!
Give this a try and let me know what you think!
Egg White Short Stack
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 slice velveeta cheese
- 20 g mushrooms
- 30 g avocado
- 1 shake Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Pour 1 cup of egg whites into a large skillet, or 1/2 cup at a time if your skillet is small.
- Cook egg whites on both sides like a pancake, until no longer runny. Slide egg whites onto a plate. Cut 3-4 inch circles out of the cooked egg whites.
- Sautee mushrooms in the hot skillet. Mash avocado in a bowl.
- Layer egg white circle, Velveeta cheese, avocado, and mushrooms. Top with more mashed avocado and sprinkle with Everything But the Bagel seasoning and salt as desired.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!