Easy to make and high in protein, this Orange creamsicle protein pudding tastes like dessert! It’s healthy enough to eat any time of day or when you just need some extra protein in your diet.Jump to Recipe
The calories and macros for this protein pudding 165 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 26 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐧, 10 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 2 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭. This recipe is only 1 WeightWatcher Personal Point!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
Raise your hand if you need to up level your protein powder game! I’m a huge fan of making recipes that use protein powder to make pudding. In fact, I RARELY drink protein shakes. I usually like adding protein to baked goods, ice cream, cookies, and even cake! There is so many ways to include protein powder in your day.
So, recently, when I was literally pouring over the new flavor extracts I found in the baking aisle at Walmart, the orange extract caught my eye. I knew I wanted to use it in a recipe. Then, next I saw the sugar free Jello mixes, and decided the sugar free orange jello also needed to come home with me!
The more I find flavoring alternatives, the more I realize vanilla protein powder can become anything!
So, today I used orange extract, orange sugar free orange jello mix and sugar free vanilla pudding mix for flavoring regular vanilla protein powder. It was A-maze-ing.
Ingredients for Orange Creamsicle Protein Pudding
For the final ingredients to get that rich orange and creamy flavor, I used:
- Vanilla protein powder. When I need vanilla, I use the Optimum Whey and get it at Costco (here’s a list of my favorite protein powders here)
- Almond milk, because it’s only 30 calories per cup!
- Xantham gum, to get the thickness of pudding.
- The orange flavored sugar free jello mix. This flavor is STRONG! It’s perfect to get an orange treat without the calories or sugar.
- Sugar free vanilla pudding mix. I also did a few batches without this, but using the pudding mix helped the pudding to be creamier. Without it, I felt like it had more of the consistency of a Jello salad (which I also like, but it’s not what I was going for).
- and then the orange extract! It might have not needed this with the Jello mix, but the more orange flavor the better!
And that’s it. With a few simple ingredients, it tastes like orange creamsicle! Can you imagine the other flavor possibilities?
Orange Creamsicle Protein Pudding
- food processor
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- Blend protein powder, almond milk, xantham gum, Jello mix, pudding mix, and orange extract in a food processor until thick and creamy. This might take 4-5 full minutes!
- Scoop into a dessert dish and top with orange zest and whipped cream.
- This does not store well. The longer you keep in the fridge, the thicker and gummier it becomes. Therefore, eat it right away.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!