For the tastiest pre workout protein & carbs, try this protein pudding! Packed with nutrient rich blueberries and protein powder, it will be your new favorite pre-workout meal.
Forgive me as I walk through a temporary Walden Farms obsession. I’ve been a fan of the pancake syrup for a very long time. But, it wasn’t until the last few weeks that I found the Walden Farms Caramel (which I’ve been using to make salted caramel oatmeal here), blueberry, and strawberry syrups! These are ZERO calorie syrups with the best flavor on the market. (IMO) . Check out my list of zero or no calorie foods here.
I’m about to head to the gym for leg day, but first made this blueberry protein pudding for the perfect balance of protein and carbs. The macros for this full recipe has 217 calories 26 g protein 21 g carbs and 4 g fat.
I prefer eating my protein shakes like a pudding or in a recipe, as opposed to drinking them. If I drink a protein shake, it’s gone in two seconds, and I don’t feel satisfied. I’ve never been a fan of drinking calories! But turn it into pudding, and it’s a YES from me!!!
🌟My protein pudding ingredients
- ✔️Protein powder. When I want vanilla, I use the Optimum Nutrition Vanilla. It has 120 calories per scoop, and you can find it at any store- including Costco and Walmart. It’s the cheapest protein per scoop I’ve found.
- ✔️ Almond milk. For this, I use the 30 calorie, unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It’s better for protein shakes than water, in my opinion, so I always have some on hand. Plus, depending on which package you buy, it can be shelf stable (until you open it). So, it’s great for stocking up!
- ✔️Walden Farms Blueberry syrup- HERE IT IS!! Oh my!! This is sooooo yummy. (and here’s the listing with all the best flavors on Amazon)
- ✔️Frozen blueberries. I always have a Costco size bag of blueberries on hand. This is good to have for a low calorie snack, or adding to protein drinks.
- ✔️Sugar free pudding mix. This (and the xantham gum) are what changes a protein shake into pudding. It thickens up the drink, so you can eat it with a spoon.
- ✔️Xantham gum- Again- this just thickens it up.
So, print this recipe, pin it or bookmark it for later if you want the perfect protein pudding to eat before your next workout!
Blueberry Protein Pudding
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender, until smooth.
- Top with more blueberries or whipped cream