This delicious BLT chicken salad is a quick and healthy meal you must add to your menu! This high protein recipe uses turkey bacon, pre-cooked chicken, avocado, tomato, and lettuce. Get all the details to make it today!
For 255 calories, this BLT chicken salad is perfect for lunch. I made it yesterday and can’t wait to have it again.
What are the ingredients in a BLT Chicken salad?
A traditional BLT is bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes on bread. This sandwich is a favorite for so many people, including me! But, making a BLT, and adding chicken and making it into a salad is so much better (and healthier!). So, for this salad, I used:
- For the “B” in the BLT chicken salad, I used Turkey bacon! You can use regular bacon, but Turkey bacon is low in fat, and still tastes great. I used two strips (50 calories total), and cooked it in the microwave for 1 minute, 40 seconds, between two sheets of paper towels.
- For the “L” in the BLT chicken salad, I used lots of lettuce! This creates the bed of your Bacon, lettuce, tomato, salad.
- For the “T” in the BLT, I used grape tomatoes, and sliced them. I love grape tomatoes! Such a delicious, low calorie addition to any salad.
- EXTRA: While not usually in a BLT sandwich, for the salad, I added some pre-cooked chicken I had in the fridge. I cooked a bunch of chicken this weekend in my instant pot, and it shredded beautifully. It was perfect for this salad.
- EXTRA: Avocado! Just because avocado tastes great with bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes!
Make ahead salad prep ideas!
I love having all the ingredients ready to make a salad. This helps me to eat it more often and stops me from eating less healthy food. Some of my tricks include:
- Buying bagged salad pre–chopped!
- Keeping cooked chicken on hand. I’ll usually make some on Sunday night, and be able to use it for different meals throughout the week.
- Having access to a rotisserie chicken. If I don’t prep some chicken on the weekend, I like to buy a Rotisserie chicken to include with a variety of meals. (check out 19 Ideas for shredded chicken here)
- Pre make the entire salad! Recently I was on a local TV spot for pre-made salad kits! Check the salad kit tutorial here. While I didn’t share the BLT on that post, it would be easy to create a salad kit for the BLT chicken salad!
BLT Chicken Salad
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked
- 2 ounces chicken, cooked (or rotisserie chicken) (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 medium avocado (or 30 grams)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups lettuce chopped or shredded
- 2 tablespoons Bolthouse Ranch Dressing
- Assemble the salad by starting with the lettuce.
- Add all the ingredients to the top of the lettuce.
- Finish with the dressing and toss to eat.
Let me know in the comments if you make this BLT chicken salad!
READ NEXT — > 4 Strategies to Stop Sabotaging Your Diet
Pin for later, and follow me on Pinterest!