Need a holiday dessert, like Christmas cupcakes? Also want them to be healthy, and made with protein powder for extra protein? Try these Eggnog Christmas Protein Cupcakes!Jump to Recipe
Each mini Christmas protein cupcake is 41 calories, 2 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fat.
One thing I like about the Clean Simple Eats protein powder, is that they release limited time flavors, and usually they are seasonal. In the last few months they’ve had:
And because I’m an affiliate for them, I get to try all the new flavors right when they are released! So, I was excited about this new flavor for the holiday, Clean Simple Eats Eggnog! (my affiliate code is AMYROSKELLEY for a CSE discount if you want to try it).
They sent over a recipe for Eggnog donuts, which I did make. But, because it was a bit easier to make cupcakes, I decided to make those instead.
Substitutions for this recipe
- Eggnog protein powder : You don’t need to buy the Eggnog protein powder to make this recipe. Although, it is so yummy if you like Eggnog. But, you could also use vanilla protein powder, and with the cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk, it still has a eggnog like flavor. For vanilla, I use the Optimum Nutrition brand you can find at Costco or Amazon.
- Sucralose (AKA Splenda): I’ve been loving cooking with sucralose, because it is zero calories and zero carbs. The xylitol/monk sugar has zero NET calories, so it does have carbs. But, you could substitute other zero calorie baking sugars like stevia or nutrisweet.
Let me know if you give these a try!
If you like this recipe, you might also like
Healthy Christmas Eggnog Protein Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Add the flour, protein powder, sucralose, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, and canola oil. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Scoop by 1 tablespoon spoonful's into each muffin container.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Stir zero calorie powdered sugar with almond milk. Brush on top of baked cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with christmas sprinkles.
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!